1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Horse with wolf teeth and in need of retraining

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by SxyHyRidinCwgrl, Sep 1, 2004.

1. SxyHyRidinCwgrl

SxyHyRidinCwgrl New Member

:?: Hi Everyone!!
    I have just aquired a very nice stocky QH gelding. He has for the last three years lived at my husbands bosses house and has had very little human interaction. He has been with us for about a month and a half and is getting used to being worked with. He came to us with some problems one being that he still has his wolf teeth and since they bother him it is impossible to put any kind of bit in his mouth. I'm wondering if it's worth it at his age (approx 7 years) to have his teeth removed and start all over from the ground up or if switching to a hackamore and not bothering with his teeth would work...
    Also I'm looking for someone in the Parker, Paola Kansas area that could possibly help with his retraining. I have 6 kids two of which are very young (15 and 2 months) and I could use some help where Junior is concerned.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

2. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Get his teeth floated, and the person who will do that will take out the wolf teeth and level them also. Until you can put a bit in his mouth work with him in a round pen and on a halter. Keep us updated!