1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

How did you come up with your member names?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Chessmind, May 15, 2004.

?

Do you like your member name?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

LOL Mary. Yes, well I just about used up all of my brain cells on that one!

Moose: I like Moose too! They are pretty cool!

Lynnhaz: No, Handsome is not a lap cat. On the rare occasions that he does hop in my lap I feel so honored!

Kyles101: Okay, but how did you come up with Kyles101? Why the name Kyles? And why 101?

2. Obelix

Obelix New Member

A long long time ago, in a galexy far far away, i needed a alias for almost everything on-line and thus landed on a book of greek names and found this one, my real name is Jameson but for all intensive purposes i use either Guilio or Obelix

3. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Obelix was also a very famous comic strip/books in France. I believe they also made them into cartoons/movies. I thought that was were you got your name. :wink:

4. Obelix

Obelix New Member

oh wow i didnt even know that but i am part french, thanks for that tidbit of info.

5. Alkaline

Alkaline New Member

yeah, kyles101... that's the band that i got my name from. Good band
    :y_the_best:

6. russianbluefanatic

russianbluefanatic New Member

mine's just too darm obvious to post a reason for choosing it but I thought I'd post just for the heck of it.

7. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

lol chessmind, once again uncreativeness came up with kyles101. when i had a hotmail account i typed in kylie, taken. typed in kylie1, taken. typed in kyles1, taken. typed in kyles101, not taken! lol. by the way kyles is a nickname for kylie.

8. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Well my name is Samantha and everyone always calls me Sam, and since I rescue so much, they always say Sam you have such great intentions! So I thought Samsintentions! Yeah, really corny but hey, it stuck!

9. fleafly

fleafly New Member

Okay I missed this post when it was first up. I saw it searching old posts.

My name is Felicia, and my brother used to call me Flea when I was little- it was one of the many nicknames that he had for me that I hated. Usually my uncle would give him ideas about how to torture me. When I was a teenager my friends started calling me Flea and I didn't mind. My best friend adapated it to Fleabag, Fleabee, and Fleafly. I always liked fleafly so I started using it when I joined message boards.

Another nickname is happy star. My first name means happy and my middle name means star, so my uncles used to call me happy star when I was mad or being awnry (sp) when I was little. I thought about switching to happystar when we switched boards, but like nern I didn't want to confuse people, so I'm still fleafly.

10. lil96

lil96 New Member

mine comes from my email, but my email comes from a joke bc lil is like the most common thing in an email address, so lil96 popped up as an option but I chose that one because at the time my friend I had this running joke about our names backwards his name was tony (backwards that is Y (why) not) and my name backwards is lil but lil96 backwards is something different. But it was all a joke and now everyone just assumes 96 is when I graduated high school or did something, so I'd prefer if people thought that.

11. catwoman

catwoman New Member

Well, having nine cats (and I would have more if my husband would let me) my member name was something I could identify with :lol: and I don't think I'll be changing it any time soon.

12. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

lol, okay....so i was rereading all the posts on this one...really kinda with chessmind on the brain, and i read the posts again by alkaline and kyles101. well...as i said, i have read these before, but...uh....duh....didnt get it until now. when alkaline was talking about getting her (i think it is a "her") name from a band. i kept thinking she was misspelling "brand". like....alkaline battery brand. then kyles wrote band, and at first i thought she (and i think she's a "she" too) misspelled it also. im thinkin, why do they keep misspelling brand? it's not exactly hard to spell...so then i am thinkin...ive never heard of that kind of alkaline battery...hmmm...must be an "east coast" kind of thing. or in kyles' situation..."an "australian" thing. but ive never heard of that kind of alkaline battery. "alkaline trio" i thought was three batteries to a pack. okay...and believe it or not...i have a higher education.
    HELLLLLO-O-O

13. halaroo

halaroo New Member

LOL Lynnhaz - don't you just love brain farts! Happens to me all the time!

14. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

:? thanks halaroo...glad someone else thought it was funny, cause i just laughed and laughed. such a goofus sometimes...

15. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

I use the same name everywhere so I don't forget it. It originally came from the song, Silent Lucidity by Queensryche (it used to be my favorite song). Lucid means shining and clear. So, I had to pick an email address once and lucidity was taken, so I added the word with my favorite number...

hence, lucidity03. I use it everywhere.

16. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

lol lynnhaz. that would be a good name for a triple battery pack though!

17. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Lol. Yes, that was pretty funny Lynnhaz. As for you Mrs. Halaroo, 'brain farts.' LOL I've never heard of those. Is this one of the many creative words you have made-up?

18. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I can't take credit for the word. It's a very common term here (maybe it's just a Canadian or Northwest thing? Perhaps it's the cold weather that causes our brains to freeze up more often than your California brains do, so we had to create a word for it!

19. lil96

lil96 New Member

i think it must be a non california thing we said that also in Virginia!