1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

how do i cool my fish down?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by wizard, Jun 9, 2004.

1. wizard

wizard New Member

It has been in the 90;s here for the last couple of days and my tank is getting really warm. the temp is way above 80. how can i cool my tank without hurting my fish? I don;t want to lose them and i am worried,

2. Obelix

Obelix New Member

I had the same problem with my small 2.5 gallon and I moved it into our living room which is the lowest floor so its helped, other then putting it somewere else Im nto sure.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

There are aquarium chillers available, but they tend to be expensive.

My only suggestion other than that is floating bags of ice in the tank. You just have to be careful and make sure the temp doesn't change too much or too quickly.

-Chelle

4. tina1

tina1 New Member

I'm facing the same problem right now. I lost seven fry in one 97 degree day. The temp was above 88 in the tank I know that because that is where my thermometer stops measuring. I keep the light off in the hottest parts of the day and moved the tank into a cooler room and that helped. Also, propping part of the lid open and aiming a fan at the tank helps.

5. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

hiya,

i dont really get high temps like that, but i spose if i did, id put some ice cubes in or something, shade the tank if it has direct sun lightgoing onto it also.

amy,. x

6. Obelix

Obelix New Member

I just thought of something, if you put really cold water in a bag and then let the bag float at the top it might be a ncie alternative to ice cubs, also if you do use ice cubs make sure you dont just drop them in their since they may since have alot of choloriene or choloiamine.

7. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

perhaps, just to be perfect you couldfeel each ice cube with a bit of water and a bit of aqua safe, just to be tedious. hehehehehe