1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

How do I...

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by lil96, Apr 7, 2004.

1. lil96

lil96 New Member

:roll: get the picture of my dog to appear beside my posts, he is so cute I want everyone to see him![/img]

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Click on "profile" above and at the very bottom of the next screen in the "avatar control panel," paste in the URL of your image. Make sure it is 80x80 pixels or less.

Jamiya

3. lil96

lil96 New Member

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

"Avatar" is what the image under your name is called. You need to choose what photo you would like to appear. Then you need to size it down to 80x80 pixels or less. Most computers have some sort of image processing software that allows you to do this. Otherwise, send it to me at jamia_w@hotmail.com and I will do it for you.

Then you need to upload the picture to a web site somewhere - an image hosting site, or your own personal web space. It doesn't have to appear anywhere on the web page - it just needs to be uploaded to the server.

Or, to make it easier if that doesn't make sense to you, add the small photo to the page you have and then right click on it and go to "Properties". Copy the URL that appears in the window that pops up. Then come to this forum and click on "Profile" near the top. The last section is called the "avatar control panel" - paste in the URL that you copied.

I believe there are more instructions in some threads on the General forum if this doesn't help you.

Jamiya

5. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Lil96
    You already have photos on a web site but they are too large to use as a photo under your name. I checked the one of Luther and the properties listed it as being 232 X 174 pixels. You need to crop a photo down until it is only 80 X 80. Then all you need to do is enter the address where is photo is on the net. For example, the address for the photo of Luther is:
    http://www.geocities.com/madnesbitt/luth.jpg
    I obtained that information directly from your web site. All you have to do is right-click on an image then on the menu select "Properties". That will give you the direct address and the size of the image. That will work for any imageyou see on the internet.

6. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Follow up.
    I copied that photo of Luther and reduced it to the required 80X80. I will send it back to you if you will send me an email address at jdebessonet@eng.hctx.net
    Then you can post the smaller photo on your geocity web site and enter the address on you personal auspet profile page. It really is simpler than it sounds.

7. catrastrophe

catrastrophe New Member

Hey
    I tryed to put my picture up...and it worked at first, but now it is just the box with the X in the corner. What am I doing wrong???
    Thanks!

8. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

catrastrophe,
    Two possibilities. First, check the link to make sure you can see your image. Second, it might be too large. The Auspet managers will take down any image that exceeds the 80 X 80 pixel size.
    If it's too large re-size it using a graphic program and try again
    Good Luck.

9. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

hint: dont use the uploading feature. you have to make youre picture so small you cant see it and it didnt upload for me anyways. use the web address option.

10. catrastrophe

catrastrophe New Member

I put it up at our website, sized to 78X42 ish.....you can barely see it! :( Whenever I have geocities open, it shows up, but when I close that program, it disappears. Is there another website someone can suggest posting it on?

11. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

This thread started with lil96 and I am trying to help her get the avatar working. Her photos are also on a geocities site and you can view them directly with the correct address. for example http://www.geocities.com/madnesbitt/pageluther.jpg
    That photo is too large to use however.
    You have to enter the direct address to the photo and not just your geocity address. Go to your geocities sity and right click on the small photo then select "Properties" from the menu. That Properties box will display the direct address to that image. Copy that address to your Auspet Profile page.

12. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

catrastrophe,
    That last link example does not want to work if you click on it but if you copy it to the address box in your browser it works. Look up this page to a response I posted to lil96 and try that link to a photo of Luther. It works.
    This internet image stuff can get frustrating but stick with it. IT will work eventually.