1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

How do you resize pics for avatars?

Discussion in 'General Topics & Support Issues' started by Zeppy`s mom, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

I put up a pic up of my bird ,and it came out HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont know how to make it smaller ,so I had to delete it. :| :(

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. Go to www.photobuket.com and sign up for free.

Then upload the picture you want.
    Scroll down and you will see your picture "small."
    Click on 'edit'
    It will then tell you how big your picture is (i.e. 300X500)
    You want it to be around 80X80. So do a little math and try and figure out how much you need to resize it (i.e., 25%/50% and so on). Keep in mind once you make your picture smaller you will not be able to make it large again at photobucket if you mess up.

Once the picture is the correct size right click onto this small picture and copy the ULR address and come back here and paste it into your profile into "Link to off site avatar" and then click submit. Make sure you check any of your posts to see if it came out okay. If it's HUGE please just delete it until you can fix it again otherwise it squishes all the other posts off to the side.

If you need more help I do check the site daily. Good luck.

3. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. You're welcome. Your avatar is still just a tad bit too bit. It's 178X135 right now and should be under 100X100 (the ideal being 80X80).

5. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Another way you can do it, is before you download your photo into photobucket, if you have photoshop on your computer you can open your photo up into photoshop and resize it there. Then you can save it again with your other pictures under a different name and then load it into photoshop. Just an idea.