1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

How Does Your Sleeping Dog Lie?????

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by pamr61, Jun 13, 2004.

1. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

I find how some dogs sleep to be very interesting, and in most cases pretty entertaining!! So I decided to take some photos of Rusty this afternoon while he was napping :lol: :lol: :lol:
    He does everything with gusto!! Eating, playing, chasing squirrels, and when all of that is done....sleeping!
    Here he is napping today... this is pretty much how he sleeps all the time... on his back with all fours in the air. :mrgreen:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got any good pics of how your dog sleeps? Let's see 'em!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Ok I have posted this before but I still think it's funny. Can you believe she could actually fall asleep like that!
    [​IMG]

3. puggleowner

puggleowner New Member

[​IMG]

This was after a long day of Cameron playing with her doggy "cousin" Luke :)

4. GinaH

GinaH New Member

This is Fancy and her favorite kitty.
    [​IMG]

5. nern

nern New Member

LOL. All of your pictures are hillarious! Natalie sleeps in some pretty strange positions and also has a habit of crawling under blankets and wrapping herself up tightly in them with only the front of her face sticking out....I wish I had some pictures of her doing this to share.

Here she is part way under a blanket with one of my cats laying on top of her back:

[​IMG]

6. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Great photo's everybody! I think dogs are like kids... they go until they are exhausted, then fall asleep any old way they happen to end up!
    I hope more people keep posting pictures, they're hilarious! :0017:

7. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

When Nala really sacks out, she is usually flat on her side:

[​IMG]

But when she was a puppy, she occasionally slept on her back with all four in the air, like this:

[​IMG]

Bonnie usually curls up in a ball:

[​IMG]

And this must have been after a really tough day:

[​IMG]

Jamiya

8. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

OH jaiya! I just love NALA and BONNIE!!! he he he...I'm gonna steal them!

9. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Wait! How could I forget "flat dog"?! Although, Nala generally just rests this way - she doesn't actually fall asleep.

As a puppy:

[​IMG]

All grown up:

[​IMG]

I have more but I don't have them at work.

Sams - there are days when I might let you have Nala - but I wouldn't last long without her!

Jamiya

10. Zekesmom

Zekesmom New Member

Zeke sleeps just like Nala. When he is really super tired he looks like he's dead, lying on his side. I have to make sure he's breathing cos it freaks me out. I feel like the mom in "Terms of Endearment" (I think that's the movie) when everytime the baby was sleeping she would have to wake him up to see that he was still alive.

11. honeybears

honeybears New Member

thanks for all of the adorable pics :D :D :D

honeybear

12. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

LOL! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I always watch Nala to make sure she's still breathing when she is like that.

And before I go to bed at night, I always make the rounds of the house. Feed the mice - check to make sure all are moving. Feed the short-tailed opossum - check to make sure he is moving. Check the children - touch them to make sure they are warm. Make sure the dogs are both breathing. Turn out the lights and go to sleep!

Here is our doggie condo, as long as we are talking about sleeping:

[​IMG]

Jamiya

13. Zekesmom

Zekesmom New Member

The doggie condo is a riot! How does Nala get up there? :?: Inquiring minds want to know.

14. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

She just jumps up and down. I worried about her jumping (especially down) when we first did it, because she was under a year old and could still be growing. But she only does it once a day because they are only in the crates at night when they sleep.

I would have put Bonnie on top (she is lighter) but she doesn't jump. I would have to pick her up and shovel her in, and that didn't seem like a lot of fun to me.

One evening at practice, our agility trainer had Nala jump 20" (which will be her regular jump height in trials) just to see if she could do it okay. I told her I knew she could, because her crate is at least 20" off the ground (probably more like 23" or 24").

The gate we have in the family room to keep the dogs in there now is only 24" high (it's actually an ex-pen all stretched out). I know she could clear it if she wanted to, but she doesn't. There's not much room to land, so I hope that is what is discouraging her. She actually jumped the old 27" gate but only twice ever - and she had very powerful reasons to want to jump it.

Jamiya

15. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Great shots of Nala, Jamiya :lol: That thing with the legs straight out the back is a riot. My sister's dog almost always lies like that, and I've notice Rusty do it sometimes, but not as often. She is a beautiful dog!

16. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

It was funny, when Nala hurt her back leg once as a puppy we took her to the vet. She wouldn't put the leg down at all, and we were having trouble figuring out where the problem was. While I was talking to the vet, she laid down with her legs stretched out behind her like that. I looked at the vet and raised an eyebrow. The vet looked at her and was silent for a while. Then he said, "Well, it's not her hip and probably not her knee!" Turns out it was her hock and she would have been just fine without the $300 x-rays....

Jamiya

17. Belles_mom

Belles_mom New Member

[​IMG]

This is Belle at 4 months on our couch!

18. Belles_mom

Belles_mom New Member

19. Jules

Jules New Member

This is Leel's sprawled out in her usual daytime nap sleeping position (we think she is a bit of a tart!!)
    [​IMG]
    But usually at night they sleep curled up in balls like cats... as Bender is demonstrating for us here:
    [​IMG]
    And Bendy-boy loves a cuddle (& I know my partner inside and out and he would not want me to put his pic on the net without asking him first so I blurred him up like a criminal!)...
    [​IMG]
    And I just had to run and get the camera when I saw this!:
    [​IMG]
    Another sleepy time:
    [​IMG]
    And a quick sketch I did of Leel's asleep (I was supposed to be working lol)
    [​IMG]

20. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Jules, your pups definitely have this sleeping thing down to an art! They are true experts :eek: