1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

how long after Chihuahua puppies are born.......

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by lizchapp80, Jun 12, 2007.

1. lizchapp80

lizchapp80 New Member

So here is my question, How long after the bitch gives birth, does she go back into heat?? I had a littler or 4 puppies, all pure bred Chihuahua's. I own the mom and the dad. I think even though they were born in April, that she may be in heat again. Is this possible? My male, Sancho, is tring to mate again with her. I already have buyers for the new pups, (all that are family, we have a large family of Chihuahua lovers) But I don't know if I should let her get pregnant yet so soon after having the pups if she IS in heat. I love my baby girl, and both of the dogs are great parents, even Sancho is very attached to them. I don't want my Heina (the mom) to not get pregnant again if its too soon, and it may effect her health. HELP!! :?:

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi i do not think she is back in heat, She may have an infection which would make her appealing to the male.

I would not let her have another litter so soon after this one as that is not good breeding practice.
    Even if you have new owners lined up for another litter its not healthy for your girl and could end in tears.

Small breeds come into heat every 4-6months some later than others, So i would have her checked by a vet to make sure there is no infection there.

I would also have the male boarded out or ask a family member or friend if they could look after him next time she is in heat, They are usually only in heat 3 weeks but its wise to keep them apart for a further 2 weeks just to be safe.

Mike