1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

how to take care of kittens

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by justhadbabies, Apr 10, 2006.

1. justhadbabies

justhadbabies New Member

i got a cat from someone about 3 or 4 weeks ago and i guess she was pregnant cause she had 4 babies last night. which is a good thing cause i had been looking for a kitten. anyway the cat got up in this cabinet to give birth and right now its not a big deal for them to be up there but when they start moving more i am afraid they might fall out. i have a few questions considering this is my first litter. she seems to know what to do but i need help. when can i move them out of the cabinet they were born in with out her wanting to move them back? when can they be seperated from her for a few hours? you see she doesn;t come out of our babsement and i want the babies to be social so i will want to bring them up every now and then. if anyone can answer any of these questions please do. thanks for all your help and sorry this is so long.

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I've never had a cat have kittens (be sure to get her spayed when she's doing weaning the babies) but I'd move them ASAP. Shut the cabinet so she can't get them back up there. I'd move them out of the basement too. Do you have a room you can close mom into with her babies? Make a nice cozy litle nest box she'll approve of then close her and the babes into the room with a litterbox and food/water?
    That way she'll feel safe and may not be quite so apt to move the kittens around and you'll be able to check on them easily and make sure everyone is doing okay. And you can also have free access to handle them (with mom's approval of course).