1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Huh ? What? OH HElp!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Petz8888, Mar 28, 2005.

?

What ias your ammonia?

1. Cant test it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. too low

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. normal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Too high

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

O.k.

I got a Ammonia test kit and I tested my water for ph and Ammonia.

Ph is in the normal range...
    But I dont have ammonia!

I have 5 fish in there and they are looking good.

They are pooping.

I also have 2 snails,1 wiptail cat fish. New!! 1 small " salt and pepper " bottom feeder and a albino one of the same kind.

Why is there NO ammonia even though the tank shoukld be fully astablished and is over stocked. ( its planted though so I think I can get away with it.)

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

You also need to test for nitrIte and nitrAte. Having 0 ammonia is good, it means the bacteria is converting it. But you still need know those other two results so you know if a) your tank is full cycled and b) how badly overstocked you are.

Also, you shouldn't have added more fish to an already overstocked tank.

-Chelle

3. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

Pretty badly.

Its a 30 gallon and I have:

The bottom feeders that are already mentioned.

2 Shubunkins(sp?), 1 red cap (strill small in fact none of them are gettin any biger then 1 inch so I dont think Iv got a prob.), 1 pearlscale,1 fan tail.

All are very tiny!

4. tski22

tski22 New Member

Yeah hats pretty badly overstocked. Return all the goldfish because really none are acceptable for a tank that small and i suggest getting soemthing else. -tl