1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

i dont know what to do now

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by james12345, Sep 13, 2004.

1. nern

nern New Member

I would get some a/d canned food from you vet. Sick cat will usually eat it and if they won't you can feed it through a syringe. I would stop giving her human milk immediately....if she gets diarhea from it she will become dehyrated very quickly. I agree with the other posters on finding a new vet. Keep us posted.

2. james12345

james12345 New Member

thanks for the advice

i took daisy back to the vets Monday,they put her on a drip all week and did dome test,her red blood cell count was very low, they belived it be a cancer like illness but everything she has tested for came back negative.She made slight improvements during the week and we brought her home last night.I stayed up all night and she only eat a little.during the night she got worse and was having problems walking and she urinated twice whilst sat on my lap.the final straw was when she started yelping,it broke my heart to see her in pain,I took her back to the vets at 10 am. They said there was no more that could be done,she was given euphenasia at 10:20. Thanks all for your advice help,i just wish i could of helped her.

3. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

:cry: :cry: :cry:

i am so terribly sorry for your loss...it just breaks my heart :cry:

4. vene

vene New Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry: You did a very brave thing letting Daisy go. She's not suffering anymore.

5. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I am sorry....you did the kindest thing you could letting her go. Hugs to you

6. nern

nern New Member

I am so sorry for your loss. :cry:

7. funky-rat

funky-rat New Member

I'm very sorry to hear about your cat. We rescued a horribly abused cat when she was just a kitten. She had been thrown out of a car window, evidenced by her broken leg, jaw, and tail. The injuries had begun to heal, and so we decided not to re-break anything. She was brain damaged, and very skittish, but we fixed her up and called her Tootsie, or Toots. Socks was about a year old, and he wasn't thrilled, but took to her ok.

When she was about 6, I noticed she was squatting, but not peeing in the litterbox. The vet said she had urinary tract problems and put her on special food. It just went downhill from there. She always hogged food and was a 16 pound cat because of her brain damage, she ate every meal like it was her last. She rapidly lost weight and stopped eating. She'd run to the bowl, but not eat.

They ran all kinds of tests. Leukemia, cat AIDS (which had just been discovered at that time), hemo-something or other tests - always came back negative. We had a good vet who never gave up, but she kept getting thinner.

Finally, my first day of my senior year of high school (sometime in September of 1990) she had slept with me all night - something reserved usually for Socks, not her. Apparently after I left, she couldn't stand up. They took her to the vet again, who finally recommended putting her down. It broke my dad's heart - he had rescued her. The vet sent a lovely sympathy card, and she said she was so sorry that she couldn't fix it. You did the right thing. The humane thing. There's no need for her to suffer. Ten years later, they did the same for Mr. Socks (not the same sickness, though - he was very old and had kidney failure and was starting with neurological problems). Again, dad stayed with him. I dread the day something like that may have to be done for my Shadow. She's the first cat my husband and I have had that we can call our own, and not a family pet.

Anyway, before I run on any longer, I had noticed that Toots had been digging at her head. As she got sicker, she dug more and more. Toward the end, she had dug her head open. Years later, someone told me it was their professional opinion that she had a brain tumor. It can skirt tests. Toots had blood cell problems too, but not that would trigger cancer screenings. Like I said, it's terribly hard, but you did the right thing.