1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I finally got my new fish!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nameless, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I went to my lfs today and I bought my fish. My stocking is slightly different but its great. The following are the fish I bought:

1 beatiful male neon dwarf gourami
    2 neon blue guppies (1 male 1 female)
    2 sunset platies
    4 neon tetras

The fish look amazing in the tank and what is even more amazing is that the white gravel actually reflected light better than i though and it made the fish stand out than bleach their color. Also, what is even more amazing is that my neon guppies's blue markings match up with the blue sea shells amazinly perfect. However, I thought I got two males because they are so colorful, but I think it is a male and female, because I can't really tell if they female has a gravid spot because the side of her body is black, but it seems like her markings and a hint duller than the male's and her body is more plump, but want triggered me to realize she is a female was the fact that I noticed the male constantly bothering her at first I thought they were being friendly but now I realize that he was chasing her. They look very identical and i was surprised that females can be that brightly colored. Now, there can't be just one female so I have to buy another colorful female so that the male can stop harassing the one in there now. The guppies are really active and they school with the neons. The neons are very active, but they eat a whole lot, they finished the falckes before the platies and the guppies even had a chance, and their stomachs were huge, I am going to have to watch out for that. The platies were initially very timid but now they are very active and they stay with one another. One is a male and the other is a female, however, the male looks like he is pregnant and the female looks like she is not pregnant. Oh well. My neon dwarf gourami is very beautiful and looks very nice with all the other fish, he was the last one left and he looked amazing in a tank full of neon tetras. However, he is not at all active, but rather hides and seems very timid and skittish. He does not eat his food he just eats it and spits it out the way it came out and he does this contanty and often, is there anything I can do to remedy this? The lfs did not have any pygmy cories and I remember to get them when I went in the store but i forgot anyways, but they did have albino cories, pandas and some other type that started with a p, like paletus or something. But I wanted pygmies and the pandas are quite expensive. Also, they only have one silver mollie and I did not see any black mollies, so I will wait later one to buy them, but I don't know if they will mess up the perfect look of my fish tank. I was wondering if I should have bought the sunset platies or gold dust mollies because the mollies were cheaper and were similar to the platies but I did not like the little black dotted markings on the mollies so I went with the platies. So I guess I will just get two or one silver platty(ies) and my 2 or 3 cories later on.