1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I got a new kitty!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by lucidity03, Sep 27, 2004.

1. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

Sort of. They ate together last night. Zoe has been sleeping in the same room as the kitten. But, if the kitten approaches too close, Zoe will hiss and growl. She has not acted in any aggression, though.

We let all of them stay out last night. We feel bad making the kitten stay in her room during work hours and over night. So, we let her stay out with the assumption that we'd hear if anything turned into a fight. We had a nice, quiet night. I caught Zoe eating the kitten food this morning.

So, for the most part, the house is fully open to all the critters. We've had a couple moments of Zoe pouting in the basement and a couple moments of growling and hissing. But, they're hanging out in the same room and all the other cats are perfectly fine.

I'm just wondering when the kitten will get full access to the house 24 hours a day. I have work off all next week, so I plan some bonding time with all the furbabies.

(Thanks for asking for an update!) :D

2. vene

vene New Member

Wow, you have nice, friendly cats. It's not taking long at all to get them acclimated to one another. Zoe's staying in the same room is such a good sign! Good Zoe! :m10: It won't be long before she stops growling, hissing, and pouting.

3. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

I guess I have high standards! My cats are wonderful and pretty accepting. I can't wait to go home to let the little girl out of her room!!

(By the way, for some reason, Ducati hasn't stuck to her too much. I keep calling her little girl. We're wondering if she's going to have an identity crisis later in life!)

4. vene

vene New Member

Nah. LOL's! Hubby can call her Ducati and you can call her Little Girl (It's got a good ring to it). I call Milo Lolo and Lolo Beans and he answers to all.

5. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

lucidity...i never called otis by his name when he was alive...and that was a twenty year realationship. i called him bubby. but!!! i like that his name was otis...i just didnt like to call him that. it wasnt affectionate enough.

max and mikey...those are good names for them. they come when i call them...and you can draw it out....like....

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa------aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaxxxxxxxxxx!!!!

miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii-----keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

:roll: :p :wink:

6. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

how about catie?? do you like that???? little catie cat!!!!

uh...thats pronounced with a long a...

7. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

We went through so many names and none seem to fit. We came up with Abby and Morgan. Both of those were okay, but they never stuck.

However, Zoe - I never call her Zoe. I call her Do-Do or Doey (or simply baby girl). My husband thinks it's hilarious that I don't pronounce the 'Z' anymore. But, what can I say? She grew into the name.

(Unfortunatly, I have a friend, Katie so I don't think I could name the cat Catie (with a long a)) - that's the other problem we have. We know so many people who had animals with names we come up with. Or, I'll come up with something like Paige and my husband will remind me that it's my neice's middle name.

The search contines (poor little not-quite Ducati namless kitten!)