1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

i have a question bout rbp's

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by nick_no_11, Dec 15, 2005.

1. nick_no_11

nick_no_11 New Member

ok my dad wants me to put my rbp in my sisters old tank in the living room and he want me to have more than one can i introduce one to him he is only like 3 in long and a year old do they have to be younger to do this? and it is a 50 gal tank

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

RBP's need to be in groups of at least 3 (preferrably 6 or more). Otherwise they'll just be stressed and hide all the time. That said, 55 gallons is too small for a group. These fish can get around a foot long. I wouldn't put them in anything smaller than about a 100 gallon tank (preferrably 6' x 18").

There is a black piranha which must remain solitary, but they get around 16" wich is quite a bit longer than the 55 is wide so that wouldn't realy work either.

If you like the look of piranhas but don't mind losing the aggression, you could try silver dollars. You could keep about 3 or 4 of them in a 55 with a few other tankmates like tetras or cory cats.

-Chelle