1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I have two shihpoos

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by mamasboy2, Jan 10, 2011.

1. mamasboy2

mamasboy2 New Member

I am new to this site. I am happy to see that alot of people have designer (mixed breed) dogs. I have always owned pure bred poodles, but am very satisfied with my shihpoos. They are both white with black markings and are almost six monthes old. I have a baby boy named Regal and a little girl named Empress. I want to put up pictures, but don't know how to do so. They both have soft, slightly wavy coats, which I plan on keeping long. I am not a fan of the shaved look. I just started them with their top knots and they look adorable. I was wondering if there are any other shihpoo owners who opt to keep their dog's coats long.

2. caroline919

caroline919 New Member

shihpoo coats long and short of it

I have 2 Shihpoos- just got the second one last night. She has more the Shihtzu coat, whereas my first one has more a poodle coat.
    I kept his coat long in the beginning, but this winter we had a lot of heavy wet snow which he loved playing in...but he would come in with these snowballs stuck all over him, and by the time I got them off, he'd want to go back out! Bottom line is he matted so bad and I couldn't keep up with it, so I have been keeping him shorter.

You will love this mix of dog! I've had dogs all my life, but they are a unique personality.

3. mamasboy2

mamasboy2 New Member

Congrats on new baby. Unfortunately, I had to downsize my family. They were not responding to training because they constantly wanted to be around each other. If they were separated, even for a minute, they would whine for each other. Training to me is almost as important as health. An untrained dog is more likely to get into trouble. So i kept Empress. She was the only one i was originally going to get. I chose her the day she was born. She has a wonderful disposition and has trained well. We just celebrated her first birthday. And I worked with her groomer, over several groomings, to get a length that I liked. She is kept in a long coat, complete with top knot. I love her coat. It's silky soft with a very slight wave to it. She is gorgeous!!