1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I just got a new budgie! =D

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by lilest Budgie, Sep 12, 2005.

1. lilest Budgie

lilest Budgie New Member

I haven't posted here in quite awhile! We never did get to find Angel, and now we live in Ontario instead of nova scotia. But we missed the joy she brought to her house and to me in particular. SOOO we got a new budgie! She/he is little, and a yellowish/pale green, yellowfaced, greywing. Her/his wings are clipped and she/he was very energetic and healthy! She/he has been home for a few hours now and she/he hasn't moved much, but she/he has been eating spray millet and looking around. When I play music she/he sometimes sings, very loudly :shock: Shes/He's pretty confident eh? I put my face up to the bars, about an inch away from her/him, and gently chirp and she/he chirps back! She/he still has bars on her forehead, but a long tail. I will get pictures soon, and maybe get some guesses on his/her gender!

Anyway I hope she/he gets back to being him/herself soon, and is only eat spray millet ok for awhile? (until she explores the seed cups???) Will she/he be okay without water until she/he finds it? I'm soo worried, will it be okay when I go to school tomorrow? I will come home for lunch to say hi but I'll leave a radio on... Should I open a window, (beacause its really hot and we have no A/C) or not? (because of drafts?)

But all in all I'm excited to have another birdie I can share my room with! :mrgreen:

Thanks, Jenna (AND Kiwi!!!) :D

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Congrats on your new budgie and welcome to Ontario.

Your new budgie sounds a lot like my Kiwi (except Kiwi is bright green)

3. congrats on new little one

i know what you are going through. Before we got our very own parakeet. We got one from my sister-in-law. It's name was sprit well he soon left us. And then around June we got on of our very own. His name is snowflake cause he is all white and has blue on his tail. Well the other day we got another one and he is all blue we call him Smerf. They get along good that was one thing that i was scared of. But the seem to love eachothers company. They make me laugh when they do funny things.
    But with both of them they like the radio on and they dance and move and talk. But they don't like it when i turn it off.
    But good luck in the furture with you little one.

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi congratulations on the new addition.

Its normal for new birds to be abit funny when it comes to food and water you may find he/she will start drinking early on a morning, As for only eating millet that is fine once he/she finds the food dish then there will be no stopping it.

Leaving a radio on while out is good for them as they do not feel alone.
    Alsong as it is not too hot in the house i would not worry about opening a window as you dont want him/her getting a chill.

Mike

5. parakeetlover321

parakeetlover321 New Member

COngrats on your new addition

Congrats

it seems like your doing very good and do not woory about him/her when you go to school he/she will be fine. But Dont leave the window open becuase they do not like drafts. :!: .but yes keets love to listen to music but play t soflty i heared it from many people. so im taking there word for it and once again

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!