1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I need help... PLEASE

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by ilovemycockatiels, May 18, 2006.

1. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I'm glad she is okay! I would be very careful with the Rimadyl, since it doesn't seem to agree with your dog.

And while I agree with most of the things that Mary said, I can sympathize with how tough it is to have to depend on others to get you places when they aren't cooperating and don't share your priorities!

2. ilovemycockatiels

ilovemycockatiels New Member

well Roxy went back to the vet day before yesterday (monday) and they said it is still open and it could need stitches... He told us that if we don't like what we see after keeping it wrapped for another week, to call back and he said he will look at it again for free. It appears to me that it needs stitches though because on the top of her foot between her toes, there is a hole and u can actually see inside. It's only like 1/2 inch long but it isn't looking much better. As for the Rimadyl, she hasn't thrown up since I stopped it for a day and restarted, so thats good. We will see what happens and I will keep you posted... thanks for all the support...

3. elizavixen

elizavixen New Member

I have to say, I wouldn't push stitches if they aren't absolutely necessary. Maggie had to have stitches on her foot (not the bottom but on the side) and it was a nightmare. Maybe your dog will do better, but Maggie was determined to rip out the stitches causing a whole other set of problems. I'd say if she's doing OK with it, leave it alone and see what happens.

4. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Poor Roxy, hope she heals up soon, did they figure out what cause it?

5. hermann muenster

hermann muenster New Member

Ask the bet about an E-collar. You might need it to help him leave the stitches alone.

6. ilovemycockatiels

ilovemycockatiels New Member

well she never actually got stitches, and I don't think they are needed. The vet said I do need to keep it wrapped which I have been but last time I wrapped it I used the last of the wrap and took the bandage off today... I have no way of getting more wrap. I am at home taking care of my brother because my mom's boyfriend is in the hospital, in critical care, so I have no way of getting more wrap right now... EWverything is just a horrible mess for me right now. But it does look better...

7. hermann muenster

hermann muenster New Member

Hey Ashley --- Make your wrap the old fashioned Red Cross way!
    Tear a clean sheet into 2 inch strips. Fold one of the strips into a pad shape. The other strips you'll use instead of tape! Tuck the end under some of the wrappings - mummy-style!
    I think as long as you keep the wound clean and dry she should be in good shape!

Hang in there - the rough stuff seems to be over!