1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I need help very badly someone help me.

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Mice, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Mice

Mice New Member

Why would u say that? isn't it like every inch of fish every 2 gallons?
    But what ever I still have to put my brothers fish in there

2. sakura.seppun

sakura.seppun New Member

watch your ammonia levels, goldfish put out so much ammonia that most fish don't do well with them. If you have to put another fish in there, then you have to, just keep up water changes, watch your levels, and treat your water as needed.

3. Mice

Mice New Member

I have this little juice that i squirt in there every month called A.C.E.
    Ammonia Chloramine Eliminator. Will that help some what?

4. sakura.seppun

sakura.seppun New Member

yes, but if nothing else you really need to invest in an ammonia test kit, then work on getting the nitrate, nitrite, and pH test kits.

5. Mice

Mice New Member

yeah i'm ganna put the orandas in there do u think i'll be okay and how many fish can i fit in there. And i might put a Algae eater in there soon they are pretty cheap at K-Mart.

6. Used

Used New Member

Your Oranda you have in there plus your brothers Goldfish is all you should have in your ten gallon until you get a bigger tank.

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Goldfish don't fall under the inch rules (very few fish actually do).

Here's a 5" goldfish in a 10 gallon. This is why I said at least 15 - 20 gallons EACH.
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/222 ... 535FUixqb#

Also, most of those chemicals that are supposed to remove ammonia & nitrIte do much more damage in the long run. You really need to stop using that and get tests for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte (and start saving up for a bigger tank). In the mean time start doing 25% water changes at least once a week.

And I hate to burst your bubble, but you're probably not going to have too much luck with live plants using the standard lighting for a 10 gallon. It doesn't put out enough light.

-Chelle

8. Mice

Mice New Member

well u didn't bust my bubble because my plants are growing acually really fast under this light. so i guess u were wrong.

9. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What kind of plants are they? There are a few low light plants that sometimes do okay with standard lighting, but a vast majority of aquatic plants need more.

-Chelle

10. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i would not put the second gold fish inas other have told you also as with just a standard light make sure you have low light plants so they don't die