1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I think my resident furkids

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Mary_NH, May 28, 2004.

1. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

are gonna miss Tony, the foster, when he leaves us :(

Tony has prospective adopters coming to meet him tomorrow (Saturday) and this sounds like it'll be a wonderful home (recently lost their 18 year old geezer meezer and have 2 young females...and Tony likes the girls :roll: ). Tony is most definitely a companion cat and I think would be miserible if having to be alone, so life with 2 cats his age already in the home would be good. Tony has already won over my sealpoint spinster, Missy. Missy never lets the other cats near her and she's been napping with Tony (slut) and he's been washing her back.

Tony and my orange boy Zeus have been playing butt tag and Zeus usually resorts to smelling salts when the other cats chase him (Tilly has been physically abusive to Zeus since he was a kitten - even the threat of the water bottle doesn't stop her).

And Tilly even sits with Tony.

Who knows...maybe Tony will have been with us long enough to change the attitudes of all of my spoiled ones. I know they've lightened up quite a bit with him. My last fosters all of my cats got their knickers in a bunch whenever they would see the cat but Tony has been different. Heck he even licked my dog's nose last night.

Can't adopt him though cause he's my first foster for Siamese Rescue and can't adopt the first one...but he'll certainly remain in our hearts.

Keep your fingers cross for Tony tomorrow please....I hope these people want him, but we have other prospects waiting in the wings. :y_the_best:

http://www.siameserescue.org

2. halaroo

halaroo New Member

That's wonderful news that he'll hopefully be adopted soon. Sorry that you'll miss him so much but at least he's going to a loving home. I loved your comments about your slutty girls!

You're doing a wonderful thing fostering abandoned kitties. I hope to be doing that soon after my Olive leaves me at the end of the month.

3. vene

vene New Member

Looks like Tony made an big impact on you and your kitties. It'll be so sad when he leaves. I saw a siamese music box listed on ebay and it reminded me so much of Tony. It'll end in a few days and the price is $4.25 right now. It's too bad I don't have a siamese cat. I might even buy it for you if the price is cheap before the auction ends. You do great work for the little ones. Some day I'll like to be a foster parent too when my kid is older and more manageable.

4. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

vene...I don't know where you are but siamese rescue is always looking for foster homes. They have 3 locations and rely on fosters to care for the cats, also that way they are able to save cats throughout the US (pulled from kill shelters and owner giveups). There are only 2 siamese rescue cats available in the entire state of NH (using my state as an example) and a state with more foster homes makes it easier for people to be able to adopt locally. I can't imagine having to go to Virginia to adopt a cat and then get it home....I hate to fly

5. vene

vene New Member

Mary, I live in Buffalo, NY. I would love to rescue or foster more cats. But right now it's not feasible. 4 cats and a 18 month old toddler makes life very hectic. Heck maybe when he is in kindergarten I'll start rescuing!

6. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

sheesh! i wanna adopt tony. sounds like he is just a wonderful kitty. that idea of foster kitties is interesting. i would be afraid i would get too attached and want to keep them all. but the service that it provides is so wonderful. seems like people do it for the higher good, so maybe that helps to detach when its time to leave. i dont know, even reading about tony going kinda makes me sad. i think its triggering my "abandonment issues"! :shock: