1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I was referred to ya'll by another forum- Need cat help! Plz

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by ansy1, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

2. ansy1

ansy1 New Member

Napster is home now and EATING. She 'talked' to me when we got home!

The vet didn't mention anything about hydration but he gave me some 50mg Amoxi-tabs to give her (every 12 hours for a week).

Her total vet bill ran $181.35. That was for the testing, overnight stay, medicine, etc. Not as bad as I thought it would be.

On top of that, my mom came over and gave me $50 for no reason at all (I guess she wanted to help out with the vet expense). So tonight, Napster is getting a small shopping spree at PETsMART. Well, she'll be here resting - so I'll have to do the shopping for her.

Ansy

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

did the vet give you any idea what was wrong with her?

4. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

That almost sounds like what my MIL's shnauzer went thru, we thought he was a gonner. The vet even called us to come see him.
    I'm so glad he's getting better Ansy. Now you have some cat friends to chat with.

5. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

I'm glad she tested negative! :eek:

6. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

That's terriffic news ansy! And welcome to Auspet! Now that this crisis is on the passing path, we want pics! :)

Oohhhhhh Petsmart! My girl Booger loves it when I shop at Petsmart! They have the best selection of kitty toys! Hubby and I have an eye on a condo shaped like a tree there for her for xmas. The condo's are really expensive but the one we originally wanted to get her cost about twice as much as the tree one. She has one right now but she's gotten bigger so he's ready for something larger. I hate how expensive they are but she absolutely loves hers and uses it several times a day and I do have to admit that they're well made.

7. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Cassie, you tell your hubby to get out in the garage and get creative. With some carpet remnents and ten dollars worth of wood he can make him something extra special.

8. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

hi ansy....i just finished reading all these posts...have gotten behind on reading.

i am soooo relieved your kitty is doing better. :D sometimes it takes those situations to help us learn and grow. i know that my kitty otis who died in march didnt get into ANYTHING he wasnt supposed to. he was a very low maintenence cat. when i got max...he was into everything...and got a hold of a plant one day...i dont think he ate it...but i freaked out after seeing the stems on the floor. i think he just played with it.

but!! i thought he was going to die :shock: ....i called poison control..my vet... everyone. and worried all day.

now...no plants at all in my house. but education is the key. we are responsible for our animals...and educating ourselves...about vaccines, vet costs. etc. it sounds like you beat yourself up alot over this...dont...it wont change the past. you have learned a valuable lesson. and wecome to auspet...we are glad you are here!!!

are you going to enter the kitty photo contest???? :eek:

9. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

LOL just the thought of him wielding a power tool scares the bageezes out of me! Buying a condo would cost much less than the medical bills!

10. ansy1

ansy1 New Member

If I can figure out how to post a pic, yeah, I'll enter.....lol

11. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Ansy, maybe you could email me the picture and I could enter your kitty. I don't know if I can use your name or if it will be mine. Hmm, maybe I think I could.