1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ich Cure Colors

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Fishkin, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

I was at the store the other day and I noticed that there is an ick cure that has methlyane blue or something that is said to stain the glass corners... but there is organic (non staining) for same price and same quantity. Is one better than the other for curing ick? They both were the same brand also... and I am thinking well who would by the staining one if the other non staining was same price brand and quantity. So is one more effective than the otheR?

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

they are probably jsut as effective....they might be a bit of a diff. price maybe or there is some other reason for both of them.

3. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

Possible, though it may not always be true, Many products are just sold to make you think things, though they are not always gonna work that way, i just used regular ich medications, it will change the water for a little while and the sides do go blue, though they faid in time, my ones are blue and it looks really nice for a effect.

4. Obelix

Obelix New Member

The blue will stain wood products but glass/acrylic should be alright, also if you run carbon in your filter it will eventally clean driftwood. I've never heard of the organic stuff but it sounds alright, might want to google it/the company.

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

The problem isn't the glass or acrylic, it's the silicone getting stained. Personally, I've had the best luck with salt and high temp, but you can't do that with scaleless fish, frogs, or snails.

-Chelle

6. Obelix

Obelix New Member

I didn't think about the sealent, sorry :(

7. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi Fishkin, I'm not famaliar with the organic ich cure but my experience with methalyne blue is that it really doesn't work that well on ich but is really good for fungus infections. The best ich cure that I have found is Maracide, manufactured by Mardel.

8. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Yeah the organic works ALOT better than the blue stuff I have but this site said the methlyane or w/e kills ich faster. What a joke lol.