1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Idiot Update!!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Sarge'smom, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Thanks! In that Magic Touch book he references finding the best POSITIVE training method that you feel comfortable with and gives the example of clicker training. He said if you are not comfortable with it your dog won't be either. The clicker training might work if I was sure that my two boys or my absent mided husband wouldn't loose the clicker! :lol:

2. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

puttin510- Thanks for asking, the baby is fine and they said she wasn't even scared of the dog afterwards, but he has been adopted already. They said when she is older they want another dog but want me to research it for them first- which means all of you will be too!!!!! :)

3. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Thats great news. That was a fast adoption. I've been bit on occasion as a kid and it has not stopped me from loving dogs. I always knew even though I was a kid(not a baby though) what the reasons were that the dog bit. Me annoying it, or me holding a friends dog while she was in the office at school calling her mom to pick it up. It did not know me. That was about 2nd or third grade. I'm thankful I was able to look past those times.

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I did some clicker training with Nala. Now I tend to use "Yes!" as a marker instead of the clicker, since I don't always have it with me. If I'm having trouble teaching something, though, I use the clicker.

Jamiya

5. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Puttin510- One of the workers at our shelter where the dog was being held wanted to adopt the Dobe and the owner wanted to be sure that he didn't get put down so he agreed to it. The worker is in her late 30's, no kids and her and her husband have a female :eek: dobe mix they rescued last year. They love Dobes and they felt so bad for the dog and for the owner that she could not stand if they had to put that dog down, so she snagged him up!

6. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Hopefully they have some experience in working with dogs that come from less than ideal situations. A good behaviorist might be in order, depending on what happened to the dog while he was in the other home.

Jamiya