1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I'm Horrified and Appalled...

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Oct 30, 2004.

1. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Good going Sams. Be extra extra careful and make sure you smile extra big when they get caught for us ok?

2. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

SOmething must ahve went wrong. I think they got wind that the police were on to them. It didn't go down. I drove by after picking up Lacy, and not a car one was there, and some one had spray painted on the door "NO" So now its a waiting game to see if they hold it later...

I'm concerned now. How do I find out when its going to happen? I wonder if I call him and ask what happend? Tell him I waited and no one showed? I can always *6711 and it'll block the phone # from showing up on his phone or I can use a pay phone....

3. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Sam
    As much as I know you want to help...You really should just let the authorities handle this. Not only is it very dangerous but you could be accused of being involved.
    Ex-fighting dogs are not easy to handle either. I have had my share over the past 9 years of rescues/fosters that were dog agressive dog and believe me they are very hard to handle when you have a multidog household. I have fostered bait dogs and ex-fighters and while luckily each that I have dealt with were sweet dogs with no signs of human agression they still were a huge liability. And of course they cannot have any contact with another dog what so ever. Unless you have secure reinforced enclosed kennels just keeping them kenneled is a chore.
    I know it's heartbreaking and that you want more then anything to help those dogs but truthfully it's not worth your personal safety.

4. Samsintentions

I understand that. I'm keeping my distance and working with the police on the issue. They have agreed to surrneder the dogs to me, as many as I can handle, and I have three other resuce organizations ready for them as well.

My kennels are all being reinforced as we speak. We're adding sheets of ply wood inbetween them. To keep them from seeing or reaching each other. If they don't come to me....thats ok too. I'd much rather have the pit rescue group handle them all. But I will have my kennls available if needed.

I plan on doing VERY extensive temperment testings on ALL the dogs. I willnot tolarate any signs of human agression. ITs WAY too much of a liability. If they all prove to be dog agressive, then I will also have no other choice but PTS....

5. GinaH

GinaH New Member

HUH? I am assuming you mean human aggressive? Because dog on dog aggression is absolutely to be expected from a fighting dog. In fact it's a common trait in Pit bulls in general. Of course not all have dog aggression I have 3 that are living proof but "Fighting dogs" most definitely.

6. Samsintentions

Sorry...got to typing so fast. I meant Human agressive....DUH...oopsy!

Your right. Pit bulls are bred to fight. so Dog agression is to be expected. As far as rehoming them at that point. I t would be hard. Families with one dog houshold would be the only ones that would work. And with extensive knowledge of thebreed.

7. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I bet the pit bull rescues can help you screen people, even if they don't have room for them in foster homes.

8. dhutch2352

dhutch2352 New Member

I don't understand why the Humane Society won't do anything. The one we have here always investigates a complaint of any kind. Isn't that what they are supposed to do? Its a real shame that people can get away with this crap. I just found out today that my dog has to be put to sleep and its killing me I can't see how people can treat animals that way.

9. Samsintentions

Why does your dog have to be PTS? If you don't mind me asking.

10. dhutch2352

dhutch2352 New Member

It was discovered today that she has a tumor in her heart. I know it hasn't been there long because up until about 2 weeks ago she was feeling fine or at least I thought she was. you're very right about getting involved with people that fight these dogs. If they do something like that I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem hurting a person that tries to get them in trouble for what they are doing.