1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

I'm sooo mad right now.....

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Ok so I got home, and had to run over to my mother in laws house to get Granvels Ice bag filled with Ice. (we ran out at the house, granvel had an accident over the weekend and split his hand open and got 11 stiches...)

Anyhow, I was picking Smokey up as well. He didn't yip at me or anything. Just layed there. My adrynalin (sp) started surging at that point. Talk about some serious dejavu. Anyhow. He didn't have a drip of water in the whole kennel!!!! So I rushed in there and picked him up and took him to the water hose and soaked him. He got up and drank straight fromt he hose like he hasn't had a drop of watter in weeks!!!!!

I was soo furious. HE almost died! It got over 100 degree's today and she left him outside with no water, no food!!! Can you beleive that! I blew up. I told her 'WTF am I paying you for and FEEDING YOUR DOGS for if you don't even do what yoursupposed to!!!!!!" So she got all mad at me..yada yada yada.....She only watches him during theday when he's not working with daddy, so its not that friggin hard of a job....
    I went home and told Granvel, and he about had a fit. So now we've got a HUGE family riot going on.

But what in the hell was she thinking!!!! THe vet says he's ok now, but another 30-45 minutes and he would have been a dead dog. Litterally.

So now I'm a point where "what do I do". The rescues stay at my house. She babysits Smokey like she did when Char was with him. (Safety reasons. In case a rescue was to get dumped, ect...and Char was preg, so if something was to happen or go wrong someone would be there.....)

SO I can leave him home and that'll be fine and all, but I'll always worry if some one is dumping a dog with something and he gets it ,or he gets ill, the whole 9 yards....

But damn....You'd think that she'd know better!!! I mean, come on! Oh I'm just sooo friggin POed its not even funny!!!!!

She claims that everything is ok. He didn't die so no harm done....yeah right!!!!
    I asked WTF did you do all day!!!! ALl you have to do is check on him during the day to make sure he's ok!!! She said she watched a movie and didn't think anything of it....

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

Oh Sam, I would would keep Smokey at your house. You have him vaccinated and everything. She sounds distracted and I wouldnt trust her to watch smokey. We are 104 today so I know what you mean.

honeybear

3. Rene

Rene New Member

i would also keep him at your house you cant trust her good thing you came when you did geez. and yep its' 105 where i live yesterday and today. yesterday i felt like i was going to have a heat stroke i was working outside and almost passed out it was so hot

4. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Wow sam i'm so glad Smokey is alright. Sorry to hear about Grandvels hand, hope it heals fast. I would of been more than mad. i'd been like an old hen.

5. nern

nern New Member

I'm sorry Sams I would be angry too. I'm glad that Smokey is okay.

6. lil96

lil96 New Member

why doesn'T she take smokey with her when she watches movies ( I am assuming she watched it at her house) or just let smokey hang out with her all day, wherever she goes? I hope granvel is feeling better, on a side note, I used to work with this guy named granvel, so every time you say his name I think of this granvel, who was about 50 or so and really thin and super long beard, maybe down to his waist and very gray and he always wore grateful dead shirts!

7. Jody

Jody New Member

OMG are you serious? I would have blown up at her to if that was Jasper or Miah, far out some people have no idea at all.

Glad to see you got to him ok before it was to late.

8. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

lil96, I'm with you. Why not let Smokey hang out in the house? It's been so freakin hot here, (I think it was 110) yesterday. My dogs hardly go out. The heat is not safe for them

Him not having food is not as serious as not having WATER for crying out loud. What the heck was she thinking?

Be careful, though, family riffs can be unpleasant. When I get perturbed with my MIL, everyone reminds me of that old saying, "Blood is thicker than water" and Husbands will stick up for Moms eventually.

9. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I'm so glad he's okay, Sams! How awful!!

I know exactly what you mean. We have had friends "take care of" our animals before and got home to find out that they didn't follow our instructions. That always makes me so mad! You'd think they would have more respect for you and your feelings - after all, to some of us (all of us on this board) our animals are part of the family!

I would keep Smokey at home. Can you keep him inside somewhere? Like in a bathroom or laundry room or gated in the kitchen?

As far as your MIL goes, I guess I would let Granvel take the lead. I know I personally would never trust her again, but perhaps for the sake of family harmony you should be civil to her.

10. Samsintentions

Well, Granvel is staying home for a few days. yesterday he figured out he couldn't get anything done. (go figure! Even after everyone including the Dr told him he couldn't do anything!!! Nooooo he head to figure that one out on his own! Ugh, men...) anyhow. He's going to stay with daddy today. Their going to watch Cold Mountain and the House of Sand and Fog today. I picked up the DVD's at the store last night.

I got his brother (who lives with his mother) to help me move Smokey's kennel from over there. He's no longer going over there. His Brother was sooo mad at his mom. I mean seriously! WTF!!!!!!????!!!!!!! I just lost Char, I can't handle loosing another.
    Smokey has been at his water bowl all night long. He must have drank 5 gallons of water! I put some gatorade powder in the water to help with the electrolytes. He seems ok, and his temp is normal. He's urinating and deficating. The vet feels he'll be fine. Just keep an eye on him for the next couple of days.

Yeah. It got up to 107'F with 96% humidity yesterday....And what really makes me mad, She claimed that she had just gotten finished watching the movie and she was going to go to her friends house to help her move some furniture or soemthing....anyways...I told her. He was not to be left alone (hince why he's there). She said she didn't want him in the house becauseit stressed her Pom out. OH please!!! That yappy little S***!!!!!!
    It NEVER bothered him before!

Ugh. Anyhow. THanks for letting me vent yall....His kennel is under our big oak tree and we filled his pool up and everything. You know where the pool that we bought him was....HUH!!!! She had it out of his kennel and in the yard so HER dogs could use it!!! Can you beleive that!!!!`

11. Jody

Jody New Member

OMG Well I'm sorry but that would have topped the icing on the cake for me. My MIL and FIL no not to mess with Jasper or Miah when they are here. I remember catching my FIL try to flog Jasper with a bit of Iron when we first got her because she did a pee in the house. I caught him in the act (he didn't get to hit her, just raised the hand) and I went ape Sh*t at him and so did my husband and my MIL. So ever since then he's been really nice to her and Miah and has not ever done it again. He was so close to getting a fist in the face for it, but luckily Dru (Hubby) walked out when he did, otherwise it would have been on.

I told him that if he ever did it again or if I ever caught him do it again there is a certain possibility that I would have reported him for animal abuse, plus I would have turned around and bashed the living crap out of him with the Iron bar and see how he would have liked it, and then reported him....lol.

When it comes to my dogs I'm very protective and I'm sorry to say that if anybody hurt them they wouldn't be getting away with it! Now I wonder why I don't have kids......lol!

Sorry had to tell that story.

12. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

It certainly wasn't a life-threatening situation like with Smokey, but I found out this weekend that I can't necessarily trust MY OWN FAMILY to care properly for the animals while I am gone.

I went to visit my grandparents for the weekend. My husband had taken care of the cats and gave the heart cat his medication when I was at my parents' house the week before, so he said he would do it again. I packaged up food for the dogs, labelled, "Fri PM", "Sat AM", etc, for the 5 meals I would be away.

I called on Saturday afternoon and my daughter picked up the phone. I could hear yelling going on in the background and it just kept continuing so I asked her what was going on. She said Bonnie threw up her tuna fish. I could hear my husband yelling about how gross it was. Grow up, for pete's sake! I guess he was also trying to get the dogs to go outside so he could clean up in peace, but of course Bonnie was cowering by then so she wouldn't go outside. I asked my daughter if he was yelling AT Bonnie, but she said no. I told her perhaps she should go and hide when we got off the phone, and she agreed.

Then I could hear my husband complaining in the background about the cat refusing to take his medicine. I told my daughter that she and her brother should give it a try. Apparently that message got lost in the shuffle, because they never did.

So when I got home Sunday night, they told me the dogs ate their fish for dinner. I was a little confused because the fish were supposed to be for Saturday, but it wasn't a big deal so I ignored it.

This morning I found their Saturday morning breakfast still in the refrigerator. I know they ate Saturday morning because that's when Bonnie threw up the tuna - which was supposed to be Sunday's breakfast. Fine. So they got the days wrong again. But what the heck did they eat Sunday morning since the other breakfast was still in the refrigerator?!

Oh, and when I called Sunday morning at about 11am, the kids said their dad was still in bed. I asked if the dogs were out, and they said no. So, he was sleeping until noon every day and NOT LETTING THE DOGS OUT!! I don't know how he managed to sleep with them in their crates in the bedroom staring at him, but I guess it's a man thing.

I asked him this morning why one breakfast was never served and he said it was too late that day. I said, "Excuse me?!" He said he got up late and then they went out and by the time they got back it was almost dinner time so they skipped it. *sigh*

I also found out when I got home that Patches did not have his medicine AT ALL for the whole weekend. It's HEART medication!! I told my husband before I left that if there were any problems at all with any animals he should call me on the cell - I would be spending the whole weekend just sitting in a nursing home so he wouldn't be interrupting anything. Apparently, he didn't consider failure to take heart medication to be a problem.

Now Patches is refusing his treats (that he LOVED for the past month or so) and he's back to not eating well. He had been taking his meds and eating really well for a good month before I left.

I am also fairly sure that no one fed the mice while I was gone. Luckily, they bury their food so they still had a store of it left.

Two days. That's all it was. Sheesh. :shock:

13. Nik

Nik New Member

Oh Sams, how horrible!

I'm glad you seem to have worked something else out now tho.

14. Samsintentions

Oh Jamiya! I'd be all ruffled too!

My mother has gone to California for a NASVA confrence. So she'll be gone all week. So I got to double up drive all teh way to her house (45 miles out of the way) and take care of all her animals too! My step dad will be home, but its useless asking him. He can hardly remember to feed the dogs and take out the trash!

Ugh.....

15. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Hence why I boarded the dogs when the kids and I were going to be gone for a week, even though my husband was staying home. My mother questioned that decision (although she kept it to herself) until the fiasco last weekend, when she said, "Now I understand..."

16. Minervasmomma

Minervasmomma New Member

I'm so sorry, Sam - that's just wrong. I let Joe take Minnie for 4th of July wknd to his mom's house. 300 miles away. I was excited - dog/responsibility free for three whole days! I packed all her bags for him (yes, her bags) complete with food, glousamine, treats and toys. Then I got the call - "Uh, Meg, I just wanted to let you know I can't find Minnie. I'm gonna keep lookin', but she got spooked and ran off. Call me back." Ok, not cool. About ready to drive 300 miles, find my dog and then kill him. He calls back, says that he found her. Oh joy. I askerd why she got spooked - and he said they were firing off fireworks and she got scared. I asked if gave her the aspirin and the shot of whiskey (hey, she's her mother's daughter!) to calm her down before fireworks began - "uh no, I forgot" Hello! I didn't speak to him for days - and oh yeah - he was soooo sleeping on the couch for like a week after he came home.

17. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Errrr, wouldn't you keep a dog on a leash (or better yet, put her in the house) while shooting off fireworks, anticipating that she would spook and run off? MEN!! :roll:

18. Samsintentions

Well Smokey and Granvel had a good day. They watched TV, worked on his truck with his brother.....
    SO he was safe all day.

She called. Had the nerve to ask me if she could borrow some $$ to go out!!! uh NOOOOO!!! I had to spend all MY money on VET bills that SHE caused!! So now she thinks I'm a greedy little bitch and is mad at me.

Go figure! :m14:

19. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Did you tell her that? I think I would have said something like, "I'm sorry, but I had to spend all my money at the vet after Smokey almost died of heat stroke." And just left it at that.

20. Samsintentions

Yeah! Basically!

I think my exact words were
    "WEll hell, if I wouldn't have had to find my dog dieing in his pen and had to rush him to the vet, I'd probably have money! But wait, thats right, I pay for your 4 dogs food, lend you money all the time and never get it back, for you to watch my dog during the day while we're at work, spend the rest of my money helping other dogs, and you want something else from me to go OUT!!!! Your kidding right!!!!"

And I hung up!