1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting quiz on "Designer Dogs"

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Jas, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Jas

Jas New Member

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

LOL. Based on your guesses not being good, I chose the "better looking" dog as the shelter dog in all the pairs - and got them all right. :)

3. hermann muenster

hermann muenster New Member

I picked the dogs that I thought were nicer looking and got quite a few wrong.
    We have a couple of stores (one is actually a gardening and nursery store!) that sell APR dogs. Most of the dogs are the "designer" (really, whatever does that mean?) breeds. I always ask them how much they want for these mixed breed dogs - Labradoodles are over $800.00!!!!
    I saw a poodle/dalmation mix that was American Pet Registry and they were asking $650.00 for the pup.
    I was so upset when a friend (ex friend actually) bought a shih tsu with a herniated umbilical cord for $1200.00!!!!!! They were planning to breed the dog. Thank goodness the vet swayed them (I put my 2 cents in too) to have the dog spayed. I know a very good shih tsu breeder who is barely getting $400.00 for her AKC dogs!

These stores have financing, take credit cards, and prey on impulsive uneducated consumers.

I also have a huge no kill shelter in the area - I visit often and my daughter is planning to start volunteering there this summer to help walk and clean the cages -- I have seen on more than one occasion dogs from the local doggie store that have ended up in the shelter.

4. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

I got 5 right, and it's true. They're just mutts. My mom has wanted one for forever, because she doesn't like doggy hair, but she finally listens when I say mutts now, but it took a lot of convincing, lol. My neighbors have one now. Those labradoodles and goldendoodles are insane. Between the lab and poodle or golden retriever and poodle, they don't seem to ever calm down! I work at the local vet and we board dogs, and we had a 5 or 6 year old labradoodle come in, and it was more hyper than the little 6 month old brittany puppy, which says a lot, lol.

5. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I fostered a labradoodle once. Poor thing had been stuffed in a crate a lot, probably because her owners couldn't control her! She was about a year old and had no training at all - and hyper, hyper, hyper! I got her out and into a poodle rescue ASAP. She was a handful.

6. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

I must say in spite of the very infrequent fur flying posts here I posted this quiz on another dog board I participate in and oh boy did I get some fur flying there!!!! Lots of people have spent tons of $$ of their designer dogs and they saw the quiz as an attack.
    I did mention how I saw this on another dog board and everyone treated it like it was - a GAME
    so we are adults here LOL
    I got 3 correct BTW

7. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Boy I stunk at that one. :?

8. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

hmmmm scored a 71%

9. doglover1234

doglover1234 New Member

I got half of them right.

10. Maisey

Maisey New Member

I only got 57%...I like the idea of the quiz. Working where I work now I spend all day looking at peoples "designer dogs" and I have learned to bite my tongue and pick my words more wisely...but I still have huge issues when people come in and tell me they are going to breed that little dog with the screwed up bite, severe allergies, extremely poor conformation for any breed, awful temperment....yadda yadda. I haven't figured out what to say that will make them get it yet..if anyone does I'd like a transcript! Just yesterday a lady brought in a min pin and asked me to clip it's nails. I didn't know it was a min pin until she told me..because it does not look like a min pin! WHILE I was trimming it's nails and the dog was trying to take a bite out of me..she told me how they planned on breeding it to the neighbors Pomeranian so they could have Pom-Pins..she thought this was amusing. She also thought I was mean for putting a soft muzzle on her dog..she said "he won't actually bite you..he just pretends"..I said "if you don't mind, I'd rather not take the chance".
    This folks..is why I meditate! LOL

11. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

That's just plain ignorance Maisey. I can just imagine a PomPin. :roll: My dogs snap when they get their nails clipped and I ASK for them to be muzzles. If they didn't mind having it done, I would do it myself.