1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing my newest addition

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by halaroo, Apr 13, 2006.

1. halaroo

halaroo New Member

I haven't been around for a bit, but I have a good excuse. Last Thursday I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby girl. The planned home birth didn't go as smoothly as we'd wanted, so I ended up in the hospital getting a c-section. I am home now, and aside from tired, recovering well. The cats aren't sure what's going on, but they seem to be adapting to the changes fairly well. Below are some pictures.

To keep this cat-related, here's Artemis helping me through labour:

[​IMG]

Me and my brand-new daughter, Amelia:

[​IMG]

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

congratulations and next time let me know!!!! I love knitting baby booties especially in pink cause I have sons.
    How nice of Artemis to try to help you
    Your daughter is beautiful

3. eman

eman New Member

congratulations!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
    she is very beautiful!!! and Amelia is a very pretty name :D :y_the_best:

4. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

Congrats!!!!!

Has it been that long? I remember you announcing that you were expecting and that seems like yesterday!

I'm glad it all worked out well and you have a beautiful baby girl!

Good luck with getting sleep in!

5. vene

vene New Member

Congratulations! :0018: :love_y_t_much: Amelia is so beautiful! :eek: How are you feeling? How are the kitties dealing with the newborn? Please don't overexert yourself and I hope you have lots of help around the house! :mrgreen:

6. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Congratulations. What a beautiful baby.

How nice of Artemis to help you during your labor. I wonder what your kitties will think of your new little one? Amelia is a very pretty name.

7. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Congratulations!! Amelia is a beautiful name and a beautiful baby!

8. nern

nern New Member

Congrats! Your daughter is beautiful and Amelia is a lovely name. :D

9. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

she is absolutely beautiful...congratulations!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

10. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

I'm so happy for all of you. :eek: She is so beautiful! :mrgreen: That first picture is great. I'm glad both of you are okay after your ordeal. That must have been pretty scary and stressful. I love the name you picked for her.

:0018:

11. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Thanks for all the replies! We're doing really well. Amelia has already surpassed her birth weight, which means she's eating well.

We were very happy to have the support of the midwife during the whole ordeal. She knew there was a problem and wasn't going to risk it, so advised to get to the hospital (which luckily is only 10 minutes away). Once there, the obstetrician took one look at me, and the baby's heart rate and said we needed a c-section right away. The midwife stayed with us through it all and held my hand while they stitched me up and my husband followed Amelia to the nursery. I really wanted a natural home birth, but sometimes things don't work out as planned. The c-section was an interesting thing to experience too!

The cats are doing well. Artemis is still a little nervous, but he's back to sleeping with me at night (when I get to sleep at night). Moe doesn't seem to mind the change in the slightest. Once I heal a little more and start to get outside, the cats will be right back to normal.

We didn't even know we were having a girl until the minute she appeared. In fact, I was pretty certain that I was having a boy!

12. zarate

zarate New Member

Congratulations! I also just had my daughter, she turned a month old yesterday. She was also an unexpected c-section.
    I thought for sure my cat would ignore her, but he's really interested in her. Whenever I sit down with her to feed her at night the cat follows me and snuggles up next to me. He always puts his front paws up on my leg to look at her too, but has yet to get completely on me while I'm holding the baby, thankfully because between the 2 of them I'd be a little crowded LOL. The cat is 23lbs and the baby is 10lb 4oz (a week and a half ago!)
    You got a cutie! Congrats again.

13. vene

vene New Member

Congrats Zarate! Double blessings on this board. Your baby is adorable! :eek: How wonderful your kitty is interested in your baby.

14. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

You have a good attitude about your experience, Halaroo. I'm glad everything worked out. Do you live in a two story house? If so, did your doctor say you could not climb any stairs for 3 weeks? I hope you have a speedy recovery. :D

And also congratulations to zarate!
    :eek:

15. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Congrats halaroo, thats wonderful... Keep well.. :D