1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

is a sucker compatible with black moor

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by erin, Feb 10, 2005.

1. erin

erin New Member

i was thinking of getting one . :?:

2. erin

erin New Member

A sucker fish... i dont know why it didn't post on the subject

3. erin

erin New Member

I guess i should say the fish that eat all the alge and waste ??? is that the proper way of saying it?

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

There are fish like plecos/CAE's, otos etc. that will eat algae but I doubt they would eat waste ( wouldn't want to do it).

When I had goldfish (when I was younger) I wanted an algae eater but the guy at the LFS said that they wouldn't do well in the tank because of the amount of waste goldfish create.

Suck probably didn't show up because of the filters put in place to help keep the boards clean.

5. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

a plecostamus? they need other foods besides algae and they do not eat fish waste if thats the waste you mean.....what size is the tank and what are the inhabitants?

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I think you should concentrate on getting the fish healthy, not what other fish you can add to the tank.

But to answer your question, most pleco/algae eating fish don't make good tankmates for goldfish because they have a tendency to suck on the fish causing ulcers. With goldfish being large and relatively slow moving, they are a prime target.

Also, this is a 20 gallon, correct? That's going to be barely large enough for your black moor so you really don't have enough room to add anything else. Plus, fish normally don't eat waste (some fish do occasionally, but they're oddities). If you're having problems with too much waste/uneaten food, you need to clean the tank more often and feed less.

-Chelle

7. erin

erin New Member

Well this fish that was givin to me was my neighbors and it waas never in my tank ...i still am going to take care of it but need info on my tank too.

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Ah, okay. I still think your tank is too small to add anything else.

-Chelle