1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Is it okay to have a dog hold for 10 hours?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by DogLover, Jul 21, 2007.

1. DogLover

DogLover New Member

Hi all,
    I am going to start a new job and will have to be away from home during the day from 8am to 6pm. I take my babies out every morning to do their business and when I get home from work. Since I'll be gone for 10 hours during the day, is it okay to let them hold?

Of course, I have seen other dog owners who let their dogs hold for extended period of time, but I am paranoid and concerned that they'll develop bladder problem down the road. Is this something I should worried about?

Thanks for any input.

-Chobby's and Bella's Mom

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Personally i wouldn't even think about it.
    If i am going to be away from home for longer than 4-6 hours i will either ask a family member or a neighbour f they can come in and let my dogs out.

I would not take the risk of them getting bladder infections yes i know they are easily sorted but sometimes alot of damage can be done.

So in my opinion i would say no don't do it.

Mike

3. DogLover

DogLover New Member

Thanks for your advice.

I don't really feel comfortable letting them hold that long either. We used to haave a home with a yard, but we are now on the second floor with a balcony. My dogs insist to go potty outside. A couple days ago, I created a small potty area for them by using a big tray with grass, but they still would not "go" on it. I even collected their urine when we were out walking, and slightly touched up the potty tray. They still would not go. I guess I'll just have to keep training them to go potty on the tray.

Any suggestion?