1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Is my pooch pregnant?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by agentbluesmurf, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Gina, probly are. That is what most people tend to do when they dont like the answer they got so someone else can argue their side. Oh well. Anyway nice post everyone and hopefully if this is real the person will decide the right thing.

2. puggleowner

puggleowner New Member

Ok, all I have to say is that anyone who tells someone to "burn in hell" simply for stating WHAT NEEDED TO BE SAID needs to find another board to post on. Maybe at another board they can find equally ignorant people to converse with. I couldn't agree more with Kyles post, why does one pose a question in the first place if they aren't prepared to recieve answers? Also, I think angelsmurf recieved the responses she did as a result of the manner in which the original post was written. She did not seem to take any responsibility for her actions in this matter WHATSOEVER- not once did she acknowledge the fact that maybe she should have had her female spayed a long time ago, nor did she mention that maybe leaving it unsupervised in the yard while in heat wasn't such a smart idea. All she did have to say was that it was the "scruffy mutt" next door that was completely to blame for her dog's pregnancy, and that is simply not the case.

I don't want to go on just repeating what my fellow auspetian's have already stated, but I just want to say that I agree 10000% percent!

3. vyad

vyad New Member

I assure you... I am a man. This thread isn't exactly the forum to prove that on though.

I watched the video. It is bad. I am all for having my pet spayed or neutured - was long before the video. I am against killing the innocent (I never said what I would use to shoot a dog who crapped on my lawn. A sooper soaker would be sufficient... hope no-one jumped to conclusions or made assumptions on that)

"Also, I think angelsmurf recieved the responses she did as a result of the manner in which the original post was written. " Yes it was written bad I agree. However, I am afraid to ask my own question now. Attacking answers... no room for debate.. just "This is how it is".

"nor did she mention that maybe leaving it unsupervised in the yard while in heat wasn't such a smart idea" - Did she have a chance? Did anyone ask or did they just assume?

I can't wait to hear the answers to my question.

4. GinaH

GinaH New Member

She got the reply's that she recieved because she came on here and asked a question that really should have never been asked. If I had an unaltered female dog and I let her out while in heat unsupervised and then came home to find she had mated with the neighbors dog I would know that I was a fault and I would do everything I could to correct my stupid mistake. I would not lay blame on my neighbors or the neighbors dog. And then to state she did not want to take the dog to the vet?
    If you read through old posts on here you will see that the people who come here are helpful caring people...But we are very passionate.
    Well yes she did have a chance to respond to defend her actions but instead she replied back with
    "Oh poor me whaaaaaa stop bashing me"
    She obviously does not feel like she did anything wrong.

5. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

If angelsmurf's dog is going to have puppies, all the rest is water under the bridge. What she is going to have to do is do some soul searching and decide what the future will be for these pets who have found themselves in her care. Some of us have chosen to care for the living beings on this earth that have no voice. Once the commitment has been made, we cannot walk away. Every breath a pet makes is a result of the pact we made when we decided to take it as our own. A person has to value it's life as much as they value their own.

Angelsmurf is going to have to go inside her conscience for the answers.

6. vyad

vyad New Member

"But we are very passionate. " - That is obvious and I am sure you are all a wealth of knowledge.

Anyway, I never want to type another post in this thread so I will end my opinion on the whole deal with this: I read her post as a request to know how to tell if a dog is pregnant. I still think the rudeness was uncalled for it but if you all think she called for it... so be it, I don't really care.

OP: The kind (and some evil... maybe I'm one of them) people on this board are very passionate about their animals... when asking such sensitive questions (probably like myself, here to ask one question and be on with my life)... stick to the question. HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOUR DOG IS PREGNANT? You may get an answer.

It's a bad idea to put any other details other then that. Specifically to animal lovers! Just cause you love your dog, does not mean that the people who are eager to help in your knowledge quest don't love all animals... even the scruffy uglies that may or may not have impregnated your dog... and if not, get her spayed. If you can't do it now, at least keep a closer eye on her.

7. vyad

vyad New Member

Love-da-pits.... love your advise.

Ooops, I posted here again!

8. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

My two cents on this subject. First of all it seems like both parties are being irresponsible by not spaying/neutering their pets. Accidents do happen, but why would you would knowingly leave a female in heat outside unsupervised especially knowing the fact that the neighbors dog is always left to run outside freely?
    It would be better to terminate the pregnancy instead of trying to find the puppies "good homes"
    Being involved in rescue, I can tell you that "GOOD HOMES" are hard to find. Are you prepared to home screen the applicants, do reference checks, place and answer advertisements, put the dogs up on petfinder, shot, & deworm all of them???
    It involves MONEY AND TIME!!!
    Do the puppies a huge favor and don't let them be part of statictists in this world of shelters and gas chambers. Then
    Spay your dog a.s soon as you are able and just learn from this mistake.
    PS I love mutts!!!

9. Rene

Rene New Member

I would like to say that i came to this board looking to stud out my yorkie and get advice on breeding them (i have 2) and with all the wonderful advice (some of you call BASHING) and ALL THE RESEARCH THAT I DID ABOUT BREEDING ON THIS BOARD made me decide NOT TO DO IT. although i have not fixed my dogs YET for money reasons (i had a rotty also who had liver problems and passed away i'm still making payments for that) and other things. But my little girl is NEVER unsupervised they are NEVER togather unless i'm home and she also wears a diaper type thing untill I can afford it (which will be soon).

I will also admit that when Nala my rottie was about 1 year old this man was walking his wonderful rottie and we talked about the dogs and agreed to breed them (i know stupid me) well nala and kix bread and poor nala had nothing but problems and i had nothing but MAJOR vet bills it turned out that she had only one pup even tho i took 2 weeks off work to watch her like a hawk she went in my daughters room without us knowing and had the baby she didnt know what to do with it and cleaned its behind instead of its head and it suffercated. I was horrified when I found the poor little baby dead and my poor poor nala that felt so bad I had to take her back to the vet to get X-rays to make sure she didnt have anymore in her.

My point i'm trying to make is PLEASE dont make the same mistake i did when i decided to BREED the Yorkies i decided to do it right this time and find out as much as i can first. and i found out it's not for me

sorry so long thanks for reading

Rene

10. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Rene :D You are one smart cookie! Breeding dogs is such a big responsibility and should be left to those who have years of experience and knowledge. Not to mention funds. I can't imagine ever breeding! I have 5 dogs soon to be six and I just about go broke just trying to feed them and care for them. I couldn't imagine puppies on top of that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.