1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

IS there an age when parakeets wont learn to talk?

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by fadefade, Aug 17, 2005.

1. fadefade

fadefade New Member

Hi

I have a parakeet(named Cutie) that i was told is 2 months old. Im trying to make it talk but want to know if its pointless. Do parakeets have somekind of an age limit where they wont learn to talk for sure???

PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOWS PLEASE ANSWER!

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi start with short words like hello and repeat this to the bird a few times everyday always make sure you use a calm voice.

Some parakeets never speak so do not be too disappointed if he never does.

The older a bird is the harder to train but at 2months old he is only a baby and the more you do something with him the better chance he has of picking it up.

Parakeets very rarely say words very clearly.

Mike

3. fadefade

fadefade New Member

Thanx for the help!

I do talk to my bird a lot and im just trying to make her say.. Cuuuutie.
    Thats all i mostly repeat. About half an hour in the morning and a few minutes during the day... and sometimes i might go away for an hour or so... so i record my self saying CUUUTIE on the computer and play it on repeat... Do you think its helpful doing that or only will confuse the bird because my voice is coming out of the speakers.

Thanks again.

Alex

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Alot of people record there voice saying certain words so no i do not think it will confuse the bird, as he/she will still here the word cutie

Mike