1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Kindergarten Pet for the Fall.

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by cosmicpixie, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Tank toppers are good too, but you'll have to weave cardboard through the metal on the bottom and replace it once it's been chewed. It's quite possible for a hamster to get it leg caught inbetween the bars which could lead to a broken leg.

2. cosmicpixie

cosmicpixie New Member

The Space Habitrail was cute, but impractical. I want the children to have the chance to take the pet home over the weekends if they wish. A cage with lots of tubes sticking out of it would not help. Also those things are way small. My neice has one for her dwarf hamster. There's no way a Syrian would fit. Also does it need to be a two story cage or will one story suffice. There are several inexpensive one story cages at Petsmart. The plastic hamster ball yay or nay? I thought the kids would get a kick out of seeing it run around. Thanks again!!!

3. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

My syrian hamster tends to prefer mostly one story, although her cage does have a ledge that she uses to clomp on and sleep under. The number of levels would depend on your personal taste although I wouldn't go higher than 2 levels. I tend to like the all plastic cages because when they burrow you don't get bedding everywhere (but if it's at school then the janotor will have to dealt with that :wink: ).

I have a hamster ball for Gypsy. Picked it up pretty cheap at Wal-mart. It can roll on the ground as an enclosed ball. It also comes with an attachment that allows it to be hooked onto a stand and leaves one end open so it can be used inplace of a wheel.

4. Fuz

Fuz New Member

hamster bals are nice its fun watching ham hams run around in them its even funner when you turn around for two seconds and its gone then you have the entire class serching and about ten minutes later someone finds it under the teachers desk. that was fun searching for puddles (my forth grade teachers hamster) i dont know much about hamhams but i do know its fun watching them run around.