1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Kitty Litter Box!! (And other "poopy" questions)

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by darkrabbit213, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

a lot of people don't like the Science Diet brand cause it is also full of filler stuff (grains) but it's probably a step up from Whiskas - so if you can get free samples of their kitten food it's fine. People also frown on Friskies canned kitten food but it's all Zeus could eat, anything else came out of him faster than it went in....and much nastier too - like splats on the wall. So if you can get free sample of Science Diet wet kitten food - heck go for it

2. wtpooh

wtpooh New Member

I am so glad the kittens are using the litter box :eek: Great job!

I agree with Mary_NH about giving the the babies wet kitten food. Having the proper nutrients found in kitten food is important. I would try to stay away from water down adult cat food. It just doesn't have all the ingredients that kittens need.

I have always free fed my cats dry food. Unless there is a weight problem I think this is typical. They also get canned food in the morning and at night. I'm not sure what you meant when you said "extra water" you leave out but I just want to make sure you know to always have water available to them.

As far as bathing.....no need. Unless they get into something that makes them incredibly dirty or they have fleas, there should be no reason to bath them.

Now onto the sleeping thing. Personally I think to not let them sleep during the day would be cruel and shouldn't be an option. I don't think it's cruel to place them in a kennel so you can get some Zzzzz's. As long as they have enough room they should be fine.

3. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

hi darkrabbit.

you must allow them to sleep when they need to. many articles you will find state that kittens do their vital growing when they sleep...

also...that link is a good one. i have seen it many times before when i was searching for premium foods...i think those are very good foods. :y_the_best:

i use chicken soup for the cat lovers soul, and both mikey and max have very shiney coats...max's is more noticeable because of his color, though. innova is good too... :wink:

4. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

I took a 2 1/2 mile walk to the pet food store today and stocked up on quality kitten food, (thanks soo much to you vene!), I bought 5 cans of Natural Choice Kitten Food -assorted flavors- 4 pouches of Natural Choice kitten food -assorted flavors-, 10 free sample of Natural Choice Kitten food, a 3 lb bag of Purina Kitten Chow, and two boxes of Friskes... not to mention a happy halloween pumpkin...

:D thanks vene!! :eek:

the kittens are loving it!

5. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

:wink: good info on the food every body....

pilot kitten...
    mary...
    eternal flame...
    wtpooh...
    and always...vene.... :D

6. vene

vene New Member

:roll: :eek: If you are wondering why she is thanking me profusely and not others it's because I just mailed her some cat food coupons. LOL's.

7. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

The Just-right squishy pishy poopy!

Yeah, sorry everyone! I'd like to thank you all for the great advice on the kitten food and litter! I was just so excited at the time about getting the coupons!! Thanks to Vene I could actually AFFORD the kitten food!!

Thanks so much everyone!!

And here's some great news:

They've been loving the new kitty food, and they just took their poopies!! I went to examine, and it's just right! It's a healthy looking poopy color, and a healthy looking poopy feel (yes, I touched it, but I washed my hands after!) Ahh... I'm so proud of them for chowing-down and pooping it out!!

8. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

Not-so Poopy Questions

I just read something about brushing kitten's teeth... but I've never heard of such a thing! Should I be brushing them? I'm so confused....

9. vene

vene New Member

Post a new topic on teeth brushing and address it to CHESSMIND. He's our Auspet dentist advisor. :mrgreen: