1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Kyrre is neutered!

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Bente, Nov 25, 2004.

1. Bente

Bente New Member

Lynn: Tomorrow morning at 9.00 (Norwegian time) :wink:

I just talked to my friend, and she said that they got to take their cats home right away after the surgery while they were still sleeping... Is that normal? I always tought they would want to keep them for a few hours, just to be on the safe side. But on the other hand, I have a memory from my childhood of our cat waking up after being neutered (very funny btw, lol! )

:0011:

Good luck Lucidity! :y_the_best:

2. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

It's my understanding that they wake the pets up right after the proceedure and check it's vitals to make sure the pet is ok. Then the pet just naturally sleeps a lot due to the anestesia(sp?) still in their system.

I got Booger just 3 days after his surgery and he acted and played like nothing happened at all. He had the type of stitches that disolve so I didn't have to take him back.

3. Bente

Bente New Member

His?? LOL :D

4. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

OOPS! Her! LOL That's what I get for posting while half asleep!

5. Bente

Bente New Member

Now it's all done and over with! Kyrre is quite sleepy at the moment, lol :wink:
    It was horrible to wach, even though he was asleep he growled and twiched as the vet "did it", with his eyes wide open... He looked completly dead, but I was prepared for that. Everything went fine, and we took him home right away.
    It's been about four hours now, and he still sleeps most of the time. I couldn't resist it when he was stumbling around looking for his food, so I gave him some mashed dry food mixed with water. One minute later, and it all came back up...

This is what he looked like a few hours ago, before he woke up :lol:

[​IMG]

6. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Poor Kyrre! I'm glad it's all over. I'm sure he'll be all back to normal soon!

7. vene

vene New Member

Yep, poor baby. That's how all my kitties look after surgeries. :shock: There's definitely that "duh" look, or "out of it" phase for many hours. Wishing him a speedy recovery! :m10:

8. Michelle Wachniak

Michelle Wachniak New Member

Ohhhhhhhhh Poor Baby!!! Don't you just feel for him????! Big Hugs! :kiss_heart:

9. Bente

Bente New Member

Thanks everybody :)

I guess we'll never get to see little Ruby and Kyrre jr's running around now... Even though they are the purrfect mach, lol :mrgreen:

10. Michelle Wachniak

OH NUTS!!!! Oops......I mean :oops: .......sorry, I don't mean to be insensitive to Kyrre's sore area! I just meant that you're right, our two Babies will just have to have a relationship without kids!!!

11. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

:m39:

Anyhow...

I'm glad it went okay! The worst part is over with.

Kitters got fixed yesterday afternoon. The vet kept her overnight for observation and I am picking her up after work today. They said she did fine.

It's weird that vets seem to do things differently. Some people take their cats right home and I had to wait a full day. I guess it depends on each vet. My vet said they keep the cats overnight to make sure they're healing and doing well.

Either way, I can't wait to see my kitters.

Bente, give Kyrre a healing hug for me![/quote]

12. Cassie

Cassie Active Member

:m39: :m39: :m39: Michelle, you need to come to my house now and clean the tea off my monitor and keyboard!

Bente, that poor little angel. It's just so heart wrenching to see them so helpless like that. Kyrre will be his old self before you know it though. Hugs to you both!

13. vene

vene New Member

Glad Kitters did great! Pumpkin had to stay overnight after her spaying although Vene didn't have to.

14. Bente

Bente New Member

:0017: This will be the quote of the week! :0017:

15. Michelle Wachniak

Gotta have a little fun..........no?!?!?!??! I just don't mean it at sweet-Kyrre's expense. He's my future son-in-law, you know!!

16. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

ARG late again...

:oops:

i'm glad he's going well now... *slinks away*

17. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

aww poor baby...i hope he is feeling better....i had my boys fixed at around 11am..and they were ready to go around 3pm...soon as i let them out of their carriers..they jumped up on the couch..they didnt seem to have any adverse reactions to the anestisa (sp) or the surgery...they semed fine..

18. Breezay

Breezay New Member

sorry, im a little late too - soo glad the op went without any complications and i hope he's feeling better soon.
    Love Breez.x.