1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

little Lonnie goes home today

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Mary_NH, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

:cry: this one needed someone so much. She was sick so sick I thought we might lose her. Well today is her big going-to-her-forever-home day :eek: to a lady who has a lifetime of cat knowledge under her belt. She was even involved in fundraising to develop the feline leuk vaccine!!! She's been involved in saving cats her entire life.
    Lonnie was tough - her eyes remained dilated due to fear and illness and only recently have returned to normal. After being sick so long it took some time for her to want to be a kitty and receive love and it only happened after she had someone who wanted her (I'm taking it personally LOL).
    Her fur changed color due to prednisone for her hot spots (apparently a rare side effect) so her brown coloring (she's a snowshoe) is gray but slowing returning to normal. Her hot spots are also healed up but she can't take pred so had to have antihistimes.
    She's been a challenge.
    This one I'll miss a lot - the challenged ones usually leave their mark more than the ones who are so accepting of their situation.
    I think it's the extra care they need that makes me remember them more.
    But she's getting a great Christmas gift - a life of love

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

I'm so happy for her. That is great news! :eek: