1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Look at this poor girl

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by GinaH, Jun 11, 2004.

1. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

That's awful. I really hope she finds a home to love and respect her. You can see so much in her face. I wish I could have a dog, but unfortunatly, I can't right now.

People who are charged with animal abuse should suffer way more severe consequences than they do. It's not 'just a dog... an animal'... an animal is a living breathing life way more pure than any human could hope to be.

How can people be so awful? :(

2. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH ME??? I said I was not going to look at work. But, I couldn't stand it, I felt like, if she went through it and lived, than I have to witness it so I can educate myself and others. But, oh my sweet Lord. How can "man" be so cruel, so evil? I know that for every darkness there is a light. I see that "light" everytime I log on here and that is why all of us are addicted. Thank God for all of the "sams", etc., who do the rescue and bless all of you who just feel this poor girls pain and wish you could ease it and show her love. We educate ourselves on this site everyday in alot of different ways and being surrounded by the people on this site has actually inspired me and made me feel that I can make difference. And to have the courage to try. Granted, tattling on my neighbor may not have seemed like the most grandest of starts, but, I see now, that maybe it was. Maybe I saved that beautiful boy from ending up on somebodys BBQ grill...

3. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Sarge: My husband always asks me why I put myself through watching such sad things on animal planet. For the same reasons you explained. Its happening out there, and I don't want to pretend its not.

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Sams, I also thought about doing programs at schools with Bonnie, to educate children about proper care, spay/neuter, training, etc. And also how to be safe around dogs.

Jamiya

5. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Ok. I'm going to talk to Barbara and see if we can't help this poor girl!GinaH can you get me some more info on her? Temperment, age, agressions?

6. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

OH GREAT! I just calmed down and sams has me balling again! I love yu sams and I don't even really know you! Thank you so much for trying to help this little girl out. I know she will be weighing heavy on my mind as well as anyone else who looked at that loving hopeful face of hers. Bless you again and my prayers are with you.

7. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Sam I spoke with Melissa with PBRC this morning and she said so far Phoenix has not been temperment tested but seems to be very human friendly.
    She is in Illinois which is where I am. So i will help with transport if needed. Her medical bills are hefty and she will not be able to spayed until she is somewhat healed so they will not release her to anyone who has any unaltered male dogs.
    I talked with her about fostering her but with Princess arriving on Sunday and all her special needs as well as my others it would be difficult.
    So IM kinda their last resort. Were you thinking of adopting her or fostering? Georgeanne's e-mail address is barxharpo@aol.com
    She is who actually has Phoenix now.
    I will see what else I can find out for you. What is your e-mail address?

8. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

9. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Sargesmom: Sorry, its Zekesmom that's the teacher. With all these mommy's I just got confused!

Sam! I think its a wonderful idea to try to get children to attend your facility. I would also print off some of the poems that have been floating around and the stories and such to let them hear and read. Stats don't work for kids so pictures would be better in my mind.

What do you think? Would it be cruel to show grade 5 and 6 children what really happens to these poor animals?

Also, even though you already are my angel, if you help this poor girl, I PROMISE to send you money to help with her. I don't know how much but as much as I can. I will have to send a money order, but I WILL send something.

What a wonderful idea to partner up with that woman. I think you should do it. Too often agencies out there trying to fight the same cause can end up going against each other in their struggle. This would be a positive solution and a great role model for other agencies.

Good luck!!

10. Samsintentions

Ok. Barbara thinks its a great idea, our only concern now is the cost, and since she's not been temperment tested, I'm leery of that.
    SHe will be exposed to sooo many dogs, and if she's got an issue with them it will stress the situation on her too much. BUT if all is clear, and we can get a "taxi" for her going. I'll do it. WE have soooo many adoption days planned, I forgot to mention we have one this Saturday, Tomorow!!! in Bellville.

Here's my addy: Mare-majic@excite.com

I'll email her and see what she says.

11. GinaH

GinaH New Member

I allowed my 2 oldest boys 10 & 8 to watch the video clip I posted.
    A lot of people do not agree with it, however. In fact my husband and I had a huge disagreement over the whole thing. But I think it is so important for them to know the truth. Kids need to learn the importance of responsibility, respect and above all kindness to animals. I want that image to be forever imbedded in their memory so that when they grow up they are responsible pet owners.
    There would probably be a lot of conflict with parents if you show something as harsh as the video I posted but the "I am Sam" story would be appropriate at least in my opinion.

12. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I think it's a good idea for kids 10 and up to see the clip. A lot of kids get their warped ideas from their parents and other adults that these kid idolize.

In Phoenix a month ago 2 twelve year old went and poured industrial glue on a mother cat and her newborn kittens who were strays in a wherehouse.. The mother cat and kittens were literally fused together, mouths, eyes, everything.

A nice man who feed and took care of the cat took her to the Humane Society where they worked like crazy to save these kitties. Luckily they survived and now are up for adoption.

My question is, when do twelve year olds become so heartless and has anybody ever showed them how to love all person and animals? Where do they learn such hate?

13. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I think with children, you have to think of the individual children. A 12-year-old who would abuse an animal should probably see the video (which I have not looked at, btw) but I don't know if it would do any good. Maybe it would reach some of them, though, and even one is better than nothing.

A sensitive, caring and gentle child, however, might be really harmed by something so shocking. I don't think my children (10 and 12) could look at the pictures of Pheonix without crying and I would hate to cause nightmares. They are already caring and gentle kids, and they empathize with the animals. There is no reason to show them the horrors of humanity - they will realize soon enough.

Jamiya

14. Samsintentions

Jamiya, Send em down here!! I could use some Gentile caring kids!!!!!