1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Lord Help Me, Sams disease struck me too!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Sarge'smom, Aug 13, 2004.

1. pyrmom

pyrmom New Member

Wonderful choices!

2. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

ooooooooooh..........<-------silly me!

I just realized there were TWO posters that had the pyreneese dogs!! LOL.... derrrrrr........ I thought it was pyrmom the whole time :)

3. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

1. Tibetan Mastiff
    2. Great Pyr
    3. Shiloh Shepherd
    4. Maremma Abbruzze
    5. Estrela Mountain Dog

Please note that all of the dogs are way $$$$$$!!!!! Which is why I don't have one of them by now!

4. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Axel has some Dane in him as well. Last time we took him to the vet he was a whoping 147lbs!!!!! And the vet thinks he needed to put on some! He's a bit ribby. But that comes from the Dane in him. Probably the goofyness as well. He learned to "Speak" after two tries. I "woofed" at him and said speak. and he woofed back. SO he got a treat, The second time I said "Speak" and woofed, he did too. after that, we just tell him "so What do you think?" and he'll woof and bark at ya. You can also tell him to speak, but he'll only speak if he sees a treat in your hand. But ask him what he thinks, and he'll tell ya all about it!1!!

As far as his dumbness. He KNOWS theres a sliding glass door on my moms back porch, but he insists every time to smack in to it! She quit cleaning it at the bottom so much, so he could see it. SO half the door has a haze on it. He'll also go bounding off to nothing and act as if he's defending the world from monsters! He'll get in a fight with air!

But overall, hes a really good dog. very Loyal, and loving. ANd yes, I've never seen a dog shed sooo much!!!!
    http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?i=27204&j=t

5. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Sargesmom,

Austin is only about an hour away from me! I might just beat you up there!!!!! He is soooooo cute! I love that bully face!!!!

6. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Wow - Axel's face looks like an aussie. How funny!

7. pyrmom

pyrmom New Member

I have learned that between grandchildren who are toddlers and dogs with wet noses and grubby paws, cleaning the sliding glass doors is a lesson in futility! That and the white tile floors~ :(

8. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Well, they placed my Pyr and my Mastiff! :cry: But, I am happy for them, and that they were placed within their hometowns. My friend told me that she is keeping on her list from now on and will check with me again. I volunteered this weekend at our local SPCA for an Adoption Day at PetSmart and I met the biggest lover baby ever! He is a 5 yr old Husky mix (looks like maybe Shepherd) and he is HUGE! With the biggest, softest, brown doe eyes and the most gentle personality. sigh... I resisted, but I did sign up to become a regular volunteer! Lord give me strength to resist these babies on a weekly basis!

p.s. Thanks to everyone on this board for making me look so smart about so many different breeds! They acted like I was the "Rain Man" of dog info on Sunday!!!

9. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

LOL!! I have learned so much here as well. Good luck resisting those adoption guys. If I volunteered like that, I would end up bringing a dog home every weekend!

10. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

I know! But, while I was there all I heard was how they needed people to just play w/the dogs and and pet them and give them love, etc., it was so sad! And they started a training program about 3 months ago where they have began training the dogs so that when people adopt them the dogs already have basic training. They asked me to please volunteer and there was Rocky, big eyes pleading, so there ya' go. Meet the newest SPCA volunteer!

11. honeybears

honeybears New Member

way to go Sarge!

honeybear