1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Losing my baby

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Nicole, Jul 25, 2004.

1. kismet

kismet New Member

Here are some links that may help you in making a decision:

PITDOGS.ORG - THE ONLINE PITBULL SOURCE
    Send Pitdogs.Org link to a Friend: Your Name: Friends E-mail: A CURE FOR PYOMETRA (UTERUS INFECTION) 17 June 2002
    www.pitdogs.org/main/html/pyometra.shtml

A MESSAGE FROM THE AUTHOR
    Babesia - Frequently Asked Questions Pyometra and a Cure More Info on Pyometra Brucellosis Coccidia or Coccidiosis Parvo Virus by CA Jack...
    www.pitdogs.org/main/html/health.shtml

Tuhina Bengal Cats: Pyometra
    Please contact your vet immediately if you suspect pyometra in your queen. Also remember the best form of cure is to prevent it from happening...
    www.tuhinabengals.com/feline_health_pyometra.htm

Pet Handbook
    Spaying can be a cure to pyometra (infection of the uterus) or cystic endometrial hyperplasia (thickening and inflammation of the lining of...
    www.collinsbay.com/html/pet_handbook.html

pyometra
    ...pyometra is associated with rupture of the uterus and peritonitis. These are serious complications. Medical treatment probably does not cure...
    www.bobmckee.com/Client%20Info/Reproduc ... metra.html

Risedale Veterinary Surgery - Holly's Pyometra
    Prevention Is Better Than Cure... We have treated a larger than average number of bitches with pyometra this year, and though most survived...
    www.risedale.com/library/pyometra.html

Buffy's Page-toy poodle
    She would have got in the car with any stranger...she just loved EVERYONE ! I lost her to "Pyometra"...there's no cure for it....at least t...
    www.dogwoodkennel.org/Buffy's_Memory.htm

Cat Care Library at Harmony Animal Hospital's World of Pets: Laugh,
    ...the risk of ovarian and uterine cancer and uterine infection (pyometra). ... Unfortunately, there is no cure for HCM. Once diagnosed, the...
    | www.petvets.com/petcare/cats.html

FAQ page
    ...are susceptible to infections in the uterus such as pyometra in later life. This condition can be life threatening and the only cure is to spey.....
    www.drjack.com.au/info_files/dog_faqs.htm

Pyometra
    Pet Information. Pyometra. It is not very common that the reproductive tract ... chance that antibiotics alone may be enough to cure the infection....
    www.norwalkanimalhospital.com/petinfo/pyometra.html

2. Nicole

Nicole New Member

Yes emergency spaying could Possibly save her, but with the total costs of bloodwork it would be around $1000 dollars, which my family simply doesn't have. and you have no idea how much that kills me. Even if she had it done, the vet said that she might not make it through anyway. She was never spayed because we didn't realize that she could get sick from not being spayed, she was an indoor cat that was never open to infection, we had no idea. And she was only feeling better for a few hours today, any longer, or if she had started eating on her own, we would have emediatly taken her to the vet for spaying, which would have cost the normal price because it was not emergency spaying. but she was never that well.

thank you for the links though, I will check them out.

3. kismet

kismet New Member

I'm new to this site and new to this topic. Whne I first read it which was about half an hour ago I was trying to do a search on low-cost sterilization where you live- Nova Scotia? I tried to do a google search using " low cost sterilization+pets+Canada" under a google search engine(www.google.com) and cameup with 25,000 links on the subject- I'm trying ot go through them and find an organization that canhelp you with the cost but it takes time . I came acorss one but it was Toronto, I'm still trying since I laslt posted to find you someone, some organzation that can help you with the cost- just jsut in order to give you a choice so tht you're not putting the cat down because of cost. If someone can help me with this and you are willling to consider this an option- I could use the help- using various serach engines such as www.askjeeves.com and www.askmama.com etc. There's got to be one out there.

4. nern

nern New Member

I'm so sorry Nicole. I know how tough this must be but I think your making the right decision. :cry:

5. Nicole

Nicole New Member

You have no idea how much that means to me. But my little baby is already gone, we had her put to sleep about an hour ago. I know a lot of people on this site have had to go through the same thing, and I don't know how they did. I honestly feel like I can't breath right now, I don't know what to think or say. She was my beautiful little baby, and I will miss her forever.
    Rest in peace my baby girl, we will meet again someday.

6. vene

vene New Member

Nicole, I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry:

7. RoWdY

RoWdY New Member

Nicole, I read your topic with much concern this morning. It made my day as well when I thought she would get better. Now that's not to be. I feel so incredibly sad.

I'm new here, only my first reply. It's so hard to know what to say but I had to say something. Something to let you know that I feel horrible for what has happened. Sad. Really sad. I'm so sorry, sweetie. So so sorry.

:cry:

8. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

I am so sorry. :cry:

9. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I'm so sorry for your loss, Nicole.