1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Melafix

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by J_acon, Apr 29, 2004.

1. J_acon

J_acon New Member

Question, Would Melafix kill my bacteria colonies? I usually use Para Cide, but everytime i use thise one i need to removed the snails and some weak fish.

First time using these product (melafix), the place where i bought it said it was safe. But she wans't so sure about it. :?

Thanks in Advance.

2. J_acon

J_acon New Member

:mrgreen: Got the answer, it doesn't harm them. Thx

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Melafix is the miracle cure for cuts, scrapes, & torn fins. I love that stuff.

Here's a little tip (especially if you have large tanks). If you have a store in your area that sells pond suppies, try getting meds there. You generally get larger bottles/more concentrated meds for quite a bit cheaper. I bought a 16oz bottle of Pond Melafix for the same cost as a 16oz bottle of Aquarium Melafix and the pond stuff is 5x more concentrated.

-Chelle

4. J_acon

J_acon New Member

Yeah i noticed the price difference, the bigger the bottle the better value you get.
    Also there is another product from the same company is not called Melafix, something pharma fix, anyway the bottle is the same do you know what is the difference?

5. ceveretts

ceveretts New Member

Hi J acon I'm glad to hear that you have found the "miracle product" Melafix! You can even get it at W.M. I found it was about 25% less expensive there than at my lfs! I have not seen the other product you mentioned but I will keep my eyes open for it. I use Melafix almost as often as aquarium salt! :wink:

6. J_acon

J_acon New Member

Yeah Awesome product and i forgot to check the name of the other product when i was at the LFS today sigh my memory getting bad. LOL

7. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

lol, but some of the fish could have had a reaction to the chemical

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Which fish? I've used it in the same tank as my african dwarf frogs, who are nutoriously sensitive to most meds, and never had a problem.

-Chelle