1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

MINI SCHNAUZER SAVES fAMILY

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by kindness_001, May 21, 2004.

1. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Kurzy, a mini schnauzer, is the most recent hero inducted into the Iowa Animal Hall of Fame. Kurzy, then 1o months old, responded to a carbon monoxide alarm when his owners, Jeff and amy kutz of Cedar Rapids could not. Not only were the overcome by the gas, but they also was deaf. The family had accidently locked a running car in their garage. AS the smoke and gas filled the house, they became so groggy that it became a struggle to stay awake. But kurzy persistently liked Amy kruz"s face as her husband slept, spurring her as she crawled to the garage, shut off the engine, opened the door then struggled back into the houseto the telephone. There she passed out,with kurzy, now l;imp clutched to her chest. Paramedics rushed the Kruzes to the hospital and took kruzy to Frey Pet Hospital, Where he spent 18hours in an oxgen cage. There kurzy met Barbara Rezabek dvm, Who treated him and nominated him for the Iowa Veterinary Medical Society honor. Without Kurzy's loving and loyal actions that day, the outcome of the events would almost certainly have been very different. Rezabek wrote in her nomination. -HOR

We called them the dog with a brain, you can teach them three tricks in one day. MIke my hubby has his mini.

2. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

Let me restate that "The dog with a human brain" doesnt anyone besides me think this is wonderful.

3. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

That is amazing kindness...those folks were lucky to have Kurzy around, that's for sure! :y_the_best:

4. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

That is a great story! Dog are soo intellegant. My husky tells me when my kids are misbehaving. Especially if they are playing in her water bowl! Anyway, thanks for sharing that story with us.