1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Miniature Daschusand maybe pregnant need help

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by PaineStrife, Feb 27, 2007.

1. PaineStrife

PaineStrife New Member

ok my miniature daschusand has been in heat for awhile and my other miniature daschusand had sex with her twice yesterday and once today. so I was wondering about how long would it take to see if she is pregnant. also there are some miniature daschusands that are smaller then the normal size for them and if you know what I am talking about then thats how big the girl dog is. another thing is that she won't be a year old till June 1st and this was the first time she went in heat so what are the chances of her actually being pregnant and do you think if she is think she'll beable to actually have them cause she is small and my other daschusand is a miniature (he's 3) but he's the size you normally see miniature daschusands...I'm just very worried about my little girl dog if she doesnt have puppies thats fine (even though it would be very sad) I just don't want anything to happen to her and I saw something about getting an abortion for dogs but I really don't have the money for that or even to find out if she really is pregnant well I guess I'll have to wait and see, but does anyone know around the time i should beable to tell if she is or not?

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

My advice as a breeder and an animal lover is gether to the vets ASAP to stop any pregnancy starting.

She is way too young and a pregnancy could kill her, Most vets will actually do a payment plan with you so that the termination can go ahead.
    The chances of her actually being pregnant are high.

My advice also would be once she has had this injection then you should either board your male out or ask a family member to look after him for about 4weeks till she is finished her cycle all together.

Pregnancy puts huge demands on an adult dog so you could imagen what your poor girl will go through, There is chances of rupture uterus which is fatal.
    Death during whelping, Pre eclampsia since she is only a baby she will not have much of a calcium reserve.

Please take her to a vet ASAP

Mike