1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

More of Bear's story unfolds

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by someday, May 3, 2006.

1. someday

someday New Member

Yesterday evening Adam and I were walking the dogs and were passing a group of children walking together...about 6 of them, they looked like the ranged in age from 12, down to some tiny ones in a stroller. They asked if they could pet the dogs, so we allowed them to and the oldest girl said about Bear, "Wow! he looks just like Looney!" to another kid..which is of course, was what his name was at the shelter. So we told them that this was indeed Looney and asked them how they knew him. It turns out Bear was their babysitter's dog. They said she had to get rid of him because she was moving to Dallas and had too many dogs. Apparently she had 5 other small dogs that she took with her because "she was a breeder." They said she had Looney the longest and also Lil Bit, a weenie dog, but lil bit died because she had too many puppies.
    As the story unfolded i was geting sicker at my stomach..those poor dogs..and shame on that woman for teaching those kids such a poor way of caring for animals.
    The kids were excited to see their buddy again and were hanging all over him(guess that answers my question if he's good with kids). Bear, didn't seem overjoyed to see them..he met the situation as he usually does, completely aloof with a goofy grin on his face.
    So, this does offer some insight into what he's been through...he has seemed a little nervous with us packing boxes(we're moving sunday)...probably figures he's out the door again.

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Its not often that people find out anything at all about a rescue from a shelter, pretty cool that you know. :)

Did I miss pics of Bear?

3. someday

someday New Member

4. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

:D Aah! hes gorgeous, well congratulations on your new (ish) addition.

5. honeybears

honeybears New Member

oh man, how awful, But I still think its good to know a little history, even if its not positive, it give you som einsigh of what he went thru

So is Bear learning his name now

6. someday

someday New Member

Yes..Bear is finally answering to Bear...he's also got come and sit most of the time. He has mastered that he must sit before he goes out the door very quickly and does it every time..he seems a bit slow connecting actions to words though.

7. honeybears

honeybears New Member

"he seems a bit slow connecting actions to words though." Jake was like that, now wylie, sharp as a tack, practically learn once and that was it, (except for the offleash trainign) different story

funny when you have 2 dogs and see how they learn differently

8. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

Oh i know! With ranger you do it with him a couple times, and he has it down. Snickers on the other hand needs repetition, I usually work with her about 5-10 minutes a day (just one or two commands), although she still is not quite as obedient as Ranger, I think she is just more rebellious.

9. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

Bear is much luckier now that he was before
    I tell Molly to sit before going out - sometimes she does quickly, other times she pees. Go figure