1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My 30 Gallon Pic! And my weird lookin fish!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by JxKIM89, Jul 9, 2004.

1. JxKIM89

JxKIM89 New Member

[​IMG]

Tell me what I should add to my tank please!

[​IMG]

What is my fish called? The fish store just called it ghost fish...

2. tina1

tina1 New Member

I used to have those! I love em! They're called glass cats too. They need caves, a low pH, and a school of 5 or so to make them less shy. They're quite nocturnal as well. Any small, peaceful tetra would be good. But nothing too boistrous as they scare easily.

3. JxKIM89

JxKIM89 New Member

i was thinking more decors? can anyone giv me advice on what i should get? (decorations)?

4. 2nafish

2nafish New Member

if you get those payara put some drift wood :wink:

5. JxKIM89

JxKIM89 New Member

thanks tina1 for the glass catfish info... and thank you 2na for your advice :wink:

6. Mwm

Mwm New Member

I would put some more plants in the middle and maybe like some caves, pots it will make it look really cool ur gravel looks awesome

7. JxKIM89

JxKIM89 New Member

well... :wink: you know its only wonder rock :D haha thanks

8. RottweilersRule

RottweilersRule New Member

re

what about a background?

9. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

nice, thought in the pic it dsnt look like a 30 gal. umm get a few plants, maybe get some driftwood for them to hide and play around. best of all would be a cave or something so they can hide.

10. JxKIM89

JxKIM89 New Member

thanks... how many gallons does it look like?

11. tina1

tina1 New Member

it really doesn't look any bigger than my twenty :?

Adding a background would help its appearance if that is the opinions you were looking for. (Sorry, I thought you were after possible tank mates :oops: ) Also, IMO any tanks appearance is increased with live plants. They also help the fish exhibit more natural behavior.

Just my $.02 worth :)

12. OneWolvesDream

lol, sorry if you took it the wrong way. it just does, it looks about the size of my 10 gal. this is how it will seem bigger, can u c the length, width and hight? just curious.

13. Mwm

Mwm New Member

IF u tell me all the messurements in inches ill tell u how many gallons

14. OneWolvesDream

lol, thats what i was going to do but who cares so just post them and we will c what Mwn comes up with

15. bloodpain

bloodpain New Member

Just to add on to some useful advices, they live in small shoal. Which means they CANNOT be kept as a solitary. If kept alone, it will refuse to eat and will die eventually.. Best of luck :eek: on your glass catfishes.

16. Mwm

Mwm New Member

Sorry for stealing you heat :lol:

17. Mwm

Mwm New Member

Another thing did u end up gettin the crazy fish if so post pics i wanna see it, and good luck :roll:

Careful of the language this is a family type forum. Edited by kc5gvn

18. JxKIM89

JxKIM89 New Member

i decided not to, and i was thinking about arowanas but people here keep telling me all these things on why not to get it. :cry:

19. JxKIM89

JxKIM89 New Member

my tank measurments are 30" Wide, 19.5" Tall, 12" the side?

Measurments are almost exact, cuz i used my ghetto ruler for it.

20. OneWolvesDream

hmm ok, lets see mine is: 18.5 tall, 12 on the side and 30 wide. hmm mine is a 29 gal and all is the same but yours is about an inch taller. so yeah yours is on the verg of a 30 gal. mine is a 29!