1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My 80 gallon broke!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nameless, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Nameless

Nameless New Member

My 80 gallon tank got a big crack when I was moving and now I have to put my 2 oscars and ropefish in a divided 60 gallon tank with my convicts. I had the idea of putting them in such a small tank, but I have to until I can find a new tank for them! It is really retarded though, my tank was just fine until a poured water in it then a just heard a weird crack noise. Oh well!

2. Heather&Nicole

Heather&Nicole New Member

That *! Im sorry to hear that.

Edited: "How about *stinks" - kc5gvn

3. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Thanks!

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

That stinks. Try getting a couple big rubbermaid storage bins and set up your filters on those. It won't be pretty, but it's better than having all those fish crammed in a small tank.

-Chelle

5. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Do you plan on getting another 80 or upgrade to an even bigger tank? That might be a good idea. But yeah, that does stink.

6. tina1

tina1 New Member

7. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea get rubber-maid bins for the fish like chelle said...when one of mytanks had a crack thats what i used....jsut make sure the temp isnt going to be to low and u have aeration in there such as an air pump

8. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Yeah, thanks for all your replys. I already have a giant rubbermaid container to possibly put either an oscar, ropefish or both and yeah, I plan on getting either a 75 gallon or another 80 gallon tank, but I wonder how much that is going to cost? :|

9. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Around here (Wisconsin) a black trim 75 gallon tank costs $126.57

10. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Dats pretty good, but I'm in another country!

11. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

thats * to hear

Edited: "Try *stinks" -kc5gvn

12. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Yeah, I know!

13. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi unknown, Sorry to hear about your tank. That really does "STINK". You can try getting another piece of glass the same thickness and reseal it. Another way of doing it which is not quite as pretty but works fairly well, is to get a piece cut just smaller than the one that broke but large enough to cover the broken piece and silicone it to the broken piece and around the edges inside the aquarium. It has to be placed on the inside and not patched on the outside.

14. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Wat was everyone say that had to be changed to "Stink"

Ps the is to bad about ur tank :?

15. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

wow, that really *. are you gonna buy a new 80 gal?

Edited: language

16. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

thats why acrylic is better in some ways, because it wont leak around edges like glass might.

17. OneWolvesDream

My 29 gal is glass and i have never had a probolem with leaks.

18. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I dunno quit yet, it really depends on how much they cost. If I can get 2 50 gallons for my 2 Oscars and like a 30 for my ropefish then that is probaly fine. But, if somewhere, somehow I can find an 80 gallon tank thats not really expensive then I guess its better than have 3 separate tanks! Thanks for your post!

19. Nameless

Nameless New Member

That is a good idea, but I'm still a bit worried about the water pressure and also I'm not good with tools and that kind of stuff, so I would have to probaly leave that to my father. Thanks for the great idea!

20. OneWolvesDream

I went to a bunch of stores today and i looked at the prices, it is $150 for a 50 gal and $250 for a 150 gal. they didnt seem to have a 80 gal there but $150 for a 50 is still alot so im guessing the cost is quite high for those. I think the 50 was the plastic glass (i cant think of the name for it)