1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My 80 gallon broke!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nameless, Aug 13, 2004.

1. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

just be careful when making a new tank alone how there may be leaks or things on the wood.

3. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, that is a problem, that why you should fill ti with water and i suhggest leave it for 48 hours to see if there are any leaks in it.

4. OneWolvesDream

I would leave it for more then that because some leaks take time to come up. maybe leave it for the 48 hours as said, add the chemicals and wait the 2-3 weeks for the water to set then by then you can see all the leaks.

5. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, and another thing to see is to put loose-leaf paper under the tank....that way, when water leaks and dries up it puts wrinkles on the paper and you can see where the water came from.

6. OneWolvesDream

thats really smart.

7. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

When I worked in a shop if the break was on the front, back or ends we would replace the glass. If the crack or break was on the bottom, we had a piece cut to the inside dimensions of the tank the same thickness as the bottom piece of glass and set it inside and sealed it. The key is to have the added glass and silicone on the inside and not the outside of the tank because all of the pressure is exerted from inside to the outside, and the broken outside piece will actually give a little added support to the new piece. It is similar to laminated glass, where they glue two 1/2" pieces of glass together to get a 1" thick piece of glass.

8. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, if you put the glass on the outside, like kc5gvn said, all that would happen would be the water pushing against the glass and maybe after time pushing it off?

9. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Alright, thanks for your posts!