1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My big boy is sick

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by wtpooh, May 30, 2004.

1. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

wtpooh...your pictures are adorable on the website. sooo cute. wow! 21lbs is really big! hope milo is feeling better, and glad you got some good advice. that is why i love this forum...people are always there to provide helpful suggestions.

2. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

I forgot to add one more thing regarding the pet insurance. Make sure both your regular vet and the emergency vet hospital both accept the same pet insurance. That way if an emergency falls on a weekend or after hours you can take your fur animal to the emergency vet and won't have to have a heart attack when you see your bill, as your insurance will cover a lot of the cost (assuming you have that type of coverage).

3. nern

nern New Member

I'm glad to hear that Milo seems to be feeling better. Your pictures are adorable! :wink:

4. wtpooh

wtpooh New Member

Milo went back for his second round of x-rays yesterday but unfortunately there was no change in the mass that is in his lungs. They say now that it is a tumor. They said they could put a tube into his lungs and suction out some cells to determine if it is cancerous or not but they can't be certain if this will even work. The other option is to perform surgury to actually remove a piece of the mass and test that. That in itself it a very risky operation (they also said he has an enlarged heart).

This is so hard...this is the first cat I've had where I will have to make the decision as to when it's time.

Milo has been OK since he's been home. He's still eating like a champ. I have been allowing him to have as much catnip as he wants....gosh he loves that stuff! When I'm home, I allow him to hang out on the back porch, where you can tell he's just so content lounging in the sun and shade. He still goes into instant purr mode as soon as you lay a finger on him.

The only change in behavior I can see is where he hangs out in the house. He would always hang out on his couch in the livingroom. Since the day he came back from the 4 days at the vet he has been spending most of his time in a spare bedroom. This has been over a week now. Now he comes out for meal time...he still follows me into the bathroom and jumps into the tub where I turn the water on for him to drink....and he goes outside during the day....otherwise he's back into that room.

I can hear the congestion in his breathing and I can tell it's slightly labored. I just went in to check on him as I wrote this. He got up and walked into the bathroom where I followed and turned the water on. He then went into the kitchen and ate some dry food. Then he asked to go outside. Sorry for the all the silly detail...I'm just trying to explain exactly where we're at right now.

Thank you all in advance for any suggestion or support you can give.

5. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

oh dear...just breaks my heart to hear of a little kitty stuggling. i know the feeling of worry and dread. i worried for two years before my kitty otis passed away. he was almost twenty when he died. i am just very sorry to hear that he is sick. it must be heartwrenching for you. i will keep you and milo in my thoughts and prayers... :(

6. nern

nern New Member

I'm sorry to hear this. I will keep you and Milo in my thoughts.

7. vene

vene New Member

I'm so sorry to hear about Milo. You are a great Meowmmy and doing a terrific job taking care of him under the circumstances. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.