1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My goldie fish tank

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Alasse, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Alasse

Alasse New Member

These are my 2 goldfish i rescued from a lady that was going to flush them :shock:

They are absolutely gorgeous...they were far too big for the 2 ft tank they were living in....but now they are happy in my 4 ft tank

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cherylmason323

cherylmason323 New Member

Re: How could someone flush them!

Flush them! They're gorgeous! I ended up giving up my goldfish ( I never really knew much about fishies and I ended up waaaay overstocking my tank). I had 5 common goldfish and 1 black moor in a 20 Gal tank!!1 O___O So, I gave them to Uncle Bill's and made sure they weren't used as feeders and went into the tank where they'd find a happy home! I loved them but I wasn't going to be selfish enough to cause their death! So now I have a happy tank of 17 fish in my 20 Gal that will only get to be about 1 inch to 2 in length! I ruv fishies!

3. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i must say great looking fish

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Very pretty fish, and nice of you to rescue them, but be aware that you'll still eventually need a much larger tank or preferably a pond for those 2 comets.

-Chelle

5. Alasse

Alasse New Member

Plenty of room for all the goldies for years yet....they are not just normal comets...they are a bit chubbier in body shape...i think they have a bit of fantail in the heritage somewhere

Cannot have a pond here...we are on severe water restrictions due to drought

6. Alasse

Alasse New Member

Some newer pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe what you have are called Serrassa Comets which grow to the same size as the standard Comet Goldfish with longer finnage.

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Sarasas are basically white comets/commons with red spots. Those look like regular comets to me. If they've been poorly cared for in the past, there could be some stunting going on which could account for some plumpness in the bodies, but really, they don't look that much fatter than my comet.

-Chelle

9. Alasse

Alasse New Member

They are certainly different to the comets sold in petshops...the comets are sleeker than my 2 males i have shown here

The 3rd goldfish in the tank with them is sleek too and he has stunting for sure...i'd class him as a comet...he shows no deepeness of body at all

I've seen crossbred comet/fantails and the 2 boys look like them

But really it doesnt matter what their breeding is...i love em all and there is plenty of room for them all in the tank....it probably just doesnt show in the pics

10. Hai

Hai New Member

Well done Allasse. Just wonder why the lady wanted to flush them away. They look vibrant. You have a beautiful tank.

I hope they are not growing any bigger or else your Platies will be in trouble. Now the fries from your Platies are already in trouble. You are a caring person I bet you do not want the fries to die too.

11. Alasse

Alasse New Member

Finally found my way back to this forum.

There were never any platys in the tank...for a start they are tropical fish and goldfish are cool water, making them together highly unsuitable.

I'm assuming what you beilieve to be actual platys in this tank shown are in actual fact on the backing sheet.

An update on the goldies.....they have all been rehomed as they outgrew my tank.