1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My Lab x Rottie Gone

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by charmedagain, Aug 27, 2006.

1. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi everyone, As you all know i got a lab x rottie last year when she was only 5 weeks old, Well i went on holiday on the 10th august and my mum was looking after the dogs, Well on the 13th i got a phone call from my mum saying Ice had escaped and they could not find her.

We been in touch with the animal shelters, The dog wardens even informed the police but no-one has seen her around.

My fear is that she has been run over and killed, we have posters up everywhere and still no sign of her.

My mum blames herself but as i have said to her its not her fault ice has always been head strong and does what she wants.

Just had to share

Mike

2. hermann muenster

hermann muenster New Member

Sorry about Ice ---
    But as you said - this is a headstrong dog and if she got lost, she may be stubborn enough to find her way home!

Keep looking, and be patient. It is too early to draw conclusions.

3. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

Oh no! I hope you find her and that she's okay!

4. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Awwww Mike thats so sad, I hope you find her. :(

5. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi everyone thanks, I am hoping to find her one way or another i wont give up, My mum feels so awful she been in tears she even kept saying i have really let you down and things like that, But i dont look at it like that as my mum is the greatest when it comes to looking after animals, she never slept for days and was out literally every hour of the day looking for Ice.

Will let you all know if i hear anything or find her

Mike

6. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

About 10 years ago I got a phone call from someone saying they had found Ziggy, my Cocker mix, about half a mile from my house, I rush home thinking that I mustve accidentally left him in the yard and he had got through the fence....I went to pick him up from the people, got home and found my front door was open (not theives...Ziggy had managed to open the front door...I realized this that night when he tried to do it right in front of me).
    My kitten was curled up asleep on the couch, my other cat Macca was under the house but Bonnie, my Whippet was gone....I put flyers up everywhere, called the local shelters, every vet in the area...thinking that Id get her back....she had her collar and tags on, later that evening though I found her collar on the kitchen counter, then I remembered that before Id left that day she had broken out in hives and started swelling up (a common occurance at this house, something that she was allergic to) so Id given her a shot of pred and a shot of benedryl and the swelling had started to come down but I left her collar off in case she started swelling again.

A week later a friend went to one of the shelters just on the off chance that she might be there...she was....and had been since about an hour after getting out of the house, she was due to be put up for adoption the following day and they already had a list of about 6 people interested in her.....

Mike I know your mom is upset and Im pretty sure I know how she feels, please tell her that this kind of thing can happen to anyone no matter how careful we are. I really hope you find Ice and I hope that your mom is okay.

7. nern

nern New Member

I'm so sorry Mike. I hope she turns up soon.

8. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Oh Mike!!! I'm soooo sorry!!!!
    I'll keep her and you in my prayers. Hopefulysomeone will find her or she'll find her way home!

9. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I'm so sorry, Mike! I went through this earlier this year when one of my fosters got loose from her new owner.

Do make sure you go in person to all the local shelters. They don't always know what they have! Leave fliers with them so they will know to call you if she comes in.

Also, post fliers everywhere you can. This is how we got the lead that ended up with Missy being found.

You can also try an animal communicator if you believe in that sort of thing.

10. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi everyone, Well Ice has been found but sadly not the way i was hoping.
    A farmer found her in his field today and from the looks of things she was hit by a car managed to pull herself into the field and passed away there.

I am devastated my mum been in tears all day saying its her fault she should have kept a closer eye on her.

When i went to see the farmer i fell to the floor when i saw her as my legs just gave way underneath me.

Sorry its not happy news just thought i would share and let you know whats happened.

I have cried none stop they say grown men should never cry but i dont care, I cant eat anything either i feel so sick to the stomach....

Mike :cry: :cry: :cry:

11. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

I'm so sorry! I can't even imagine what that must feel like!

12. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Aw Mike Im sooo sorry, you cry all you need to, your mom too. :cry:

13. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I am so very sorry, Mike. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

14. hermann muenster

hermann muenster New Member

I am very sorry for such sad news.

With Sympathy.

15. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Ohhhh Mike I cried reading your post, If I could put my arms around you and give you a hug I would, Im so so very sorry for your loss, and in such a horrible way, who ever hit her, should of bloody well reported her or at least rushed her to a vet, how could they just leave her there, Im crying writing this..
    I know just how you feel. I lost my blue heeler to a road accident, she came looking for me when I had gone away..
    Im really really sorry for you..
    BIG HUGS Mike. xx :cry:

16. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

Mike:
    I feel horrible for you. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Susan
    Pet Sympathy Poem

Dear Mike,

Dog heaven is a special place
    My tail is wagging fast
    With all the things we dogs enjoy
    I'm having such a blast.

Each night when I look in my dish
    I get filet mignon for dinner
    Never that dry stuff or stale meat
    No cereal or filler.

So many other dogs are here
    I never get dog lonely
    It never takes me long at all
    To find that night's "one and only."

We have so many balls to chase
    I'm getting so much fitter
    With water flowing everywhere
    Always sweet and never bitter.

Sometimes it looks like Star Wars
    When I stare into the sky
    It isn't UFO's I see
    But countless frisbees passing by.

The firemen here all love the place
    A perfect spot they can retire
    With one hundred hydrants for each dog
    They'll never have a fire!

Cars with windows lowered
    Pass by me on the street
    With dog ears flapping from each one
    It makes me feel complete.

Yet in this perfect playground
    Doing all I love to do
    I find I'm often thinking back
    Of all the times I spent with you.

There could be no kinder owner
    We always had so much fun
    Don't forget that I had seven years
    Every time that you had one.

You always gave me so much love
    Such kindness and attention
    You deserve an owner's blue ribbon
    Not just an honorable mention.

So please keep my memory active
    In the morning when you eat
    As you're chewing on your bagel
    I'll be sitting at your feet.

Arf!

Love,

Ice

17. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Thanks everyone, I have not had much sleep everytime i closed my eyes i could see her infront of me. I feel a little better knowing whats happened to her and not still wonderng where she is or what she is doing.

My stepdaughter who has autisim (sp) has gone crazy she been head butting walls, crying screaming, Going to take a couple of days to calm her.
    Ice was like a best friend to her, she liked to snuggle up to her while watching tv, Ice would follow her around and would ley by her side if ever she was ill.

I only had her just over a year and had some ups and downs with her but the house not the same without her silly little antics, Running around chasing her own tail.

Again thank you everyone for your kind words.
    Also MyPetTherapyDog thanks you for the poem

Well i have started crying again so i suppose i will go find something to do

Mike

18. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Hang in there, Mike. It's so hard for a while, but it will ease a little with time. Sometimes making a memorial with photos and favorite toys, or writing down everything you can remember about her, or having a special service for her helps a little.

19. nern

nern New Member

I am so sorry for your loss Mike. :cry:

20. Artkoudos

Artkoudos New Member

this sooooo reminds me of what Jame's has mentioned in the main discussion forum.... :)......