1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My newest addition!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by GinaH, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Three baby ducks? There MUST be a story behind that one...

Jamiya

2. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

and the gerbils, I was wondering about those! Gina- Do you think you will be able to give this pretty girl up?

3. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Yes, actually there is a story behind the baby ducks.
    We have geese and ducks that frequent our ponds but never any babies. But this past spring we had a mating pair make their nest in our pasture. After momma realized she had made her nest in a not so safe place she abandoned the eggs. We watched for a couple days and she just never came back. So we put the babies/eggs in our neighbors chicken coop at first in an incubator but we didn't know the exact temperature so my suggested putting them under one of her broody hens. So that's what we did and we ended up having 5 baby ducks a couple of weeks later. My neighbors kept 2 and we kept the other 3 and named them Curly, Mo & Larry.

4. GinaH

GinaH New Member

No story behind the gerbils except they are a pain in the butt!
    Oh sarge'smom that's always the hard part about fostering letting them go. :cry: But this little girl is most likely only going to be here a few weeks long enough to get spayed and potty trained and learn a few basic commands before she goes to her forever home. Puppies get adopted so quickly I don't think I have ever had one over a month or so. My soft spot has always been for the one's with special needs.

5. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Speaking if, have you heard anything on how Princess is doing?

6. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Princess is doing great. She is still with me. Do you mean Phoenix?

7. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

#-o Of course I meant Phoenix, duh Gina, can't you read my mind? Well, actually, you kind of did! :lol:

8. GinaH

GinaH New Member

LOL!! :mrgreen:
    The last I heard Phoenix was healing quite well and is very happy with her new foster home and she is still up for adoption.

9. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

Thank! I think about her quite a bit and have told my sister-in-law and she asks about her too.

10. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Darn GinaH!!! Your house sounds like mine!!!
    8 Horses -
    Sassy
    S.A.
    Taco & baby Moonie
    Sherman
    Tex
    Lady
    Gidget

over 40 cattle

A cockatiel - Alex
    My two dogs - Smokey and CHar
    5 rescue dogs (Red included but will end up my dog too! SO that will be 3) - Rattigan
    Dingo
    Hanky Spanky
    Ralph (rattigans bro)

2 goldfish - Bert and Ernie
    2 Alge eaters - B.J. and lil' B.J.

oh and not to mention my wayward cat Tom (who lives with the neighbors)
    And of course I couldn't leave out Granvel!!!! he he he

11. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

A cockatiel? What do the dogs think of the bird?

Someday I want a bunny and a bird, when I have enough time for them and don't have other things that want to eat them.

Jamiya