1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My Olive has moved out

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by halaroo, Jun 1, 2004.

1. halaroo

halaroo New Member

:(

Well, Olive moved back in with my sister yesterday. I had the privilege of taking care of her and getting to know her for 2 wonderful years.

The drive there was a little stressful (luckily it's only about 10 minutes), but when we arrived she was quite happy to see my brother (who she usually sees everyday at lunch at my house). She settled in pretty quickly making herself at home on a window sill. I think she's going to like it there!

Moe was home alone for the first time ever when we took Olive away. She ran around a bit looking for her yesterday evening but I think she'll be fine. She's going to like having a house to herself.

I will miss her even though I'll visit as much as I'm welcome over there!

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

sounds to me like this would be the perfect time to adopt a kitty :D

I have a general rule here....I'll be an empty nester in a few years, kidwise, and for every kid that leaves home I get to add a pet 8) numbers aren't adding up though - 4 pets, 1 foster and I only had 2 sons

If you think your kitty is missing the kitty you took home after 2 years I'd run to the nearest shelter and bring home a baby for her

3. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Moe needs her teeth cleaned first, and then a month or so to enjoy being spoiled rotten. She has never gotten along well with others so I think she'll be fine by herself. In a couple of months I plan on fostering for the Humane Society. I have a few empty rooms where I'll be able to house a foster. I'm looking forward to that.

4. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Halaroo. I'm sorry your Olive is gone. It's going to be a bit strange to not have her around. Not to mention there might be a few times that for a split second you'll forget she's not there anymore.

As for fostering I think that's always a kind act. I used to foster too. I ended up adopting Handsome and his two sick sisters, because there was no way I could give them up. I've been thinking about fostering again, because there are so many kitties that need foster homes. I was thinking I could perhaps do this until I am healed enough to get two forever kitties. My home just isn't a home without cats in it.

5. nern

nern New Member

I'm sorry Olive had to leave but its nice that she is so close by for you to visit.

6. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

fostering is so rewarding....it really is. Nothing like seeing kittens and/or cats come to your home and thrive and be able to move on to their forever home. Yes it's heartbreaking when they have to leave...but knowing you are a part in helping them to move on, and experiencing what it's like to have kind, caring and loving people around them, is what it's all about.

I enjoy fostering - even though giving them up is bittersweet. While the fosters are here I can at least pretend they are mine. And I know they leave here knowing there are people out there that do care...even cleaning up the poop behind the sofa is rewarding :roll: okay so I lie a little bit :0010:

The thing I like about fostering for siamese rescue is I have learned how to give distemper boosters (they use Heska...a drop in each eye and the rest up the nostril). Since they rely on their fosterers for so much of the care I'm gaining confidence in all aspects of animal health. But I don't think I'll take a temp.