1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My puppy just died of Parvo

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by stravieso, Aug 4, 2004.

1. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

I am so very sorry for your loss... I have tears in my eyes :cry:

How do they test for Parvo? Blood test or stool test? I just don't get how the vet didn't check for anything!!! :cry:

I was in love with my girls the day we brought them home.. it is truly amazing how you can grow to love and get attached to them so quickly, they become your babies as soon as they are in your arms for the first time.

So, this new puppy is coming from the son's petshop? Where does he get his puppies?

Again, I am so sorry for your loss.. your story broke my heart and I am thinking of you.

2. stravieso

stravieso New Member

The lady that sold her to me is not really a breeder, her dog just had a puppy but it happens to be that her son has a pet shop. She actually called me today that she drove 2 hours last night in the pouring rain to buy me a dog from a reputable breeder and she has the puppy at home for me to pick up today. I've started the bleaching process, bought her a new bed and she will be staying with my sister until I move into my new house in a couple of weeks. My house will be brand new since it's a new construction so I'm happy about that since there is definitely no Parvo there.

I cannot blame the lady that sold her to me as she has been very kind. She has cried a lot too over the puppy as the puppy's mom had a c-section and this lady had to nurse this puppy since she was born because the mom couldn't nurse. I spoke with a new vet today and he said that the fact that the puppy didn't nurse from the mom probably had a lot to do with her catching Parvo. Their immune system is not as strong. My poor little baby...I miss her dearly. I'm just so scared with this new puppy getting anything. I even sprayed bleach on my shoes today so when I go pick her up my shoes are clean and I picked out clothe that I didn't wear while I had my little "Piccolina" (Her name which means little one in Italian).

I will keep you all posted on the new puppy “Bella”. Thanks again for all the support, comfort and prayers. I so glad I have found so many friends in this site!!!

Silvia

3. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

OHHHHHH! The puppy didn't nurse from it's mother, now this makes mor sense. The pupy didn't get the natural antibodies from the mother's milk that they normally get! I understand this situation so much better now! I adore the name Bella for the new puppy! Good luck and besure to get us a picture as soon as you can!

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I love the name Bella as well!

Try to relax a little bit. I mean, take precautions, but try not to get too stressed! It sounds like you are doing everything right. Enjoy your new puppy!

5. DogLover

DogLover New Member

Congratulation with the new house and the new puppy!!!

6. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

I'm very happy for you! I can't wait to see pics of Bella and hear all about her.

I agree with the others.. it makes much more sense now, knowing that the mother was not able to nurse the puppy obviously made the puppy more susceptible to things not having the natural antibodies.

I know you miss your puppy, and she'll always have a special place.. but I am sure that Bella will help ease your pain and bring you much joy :D

Please let us know how it goes! Have fun getting your baby today!! What kind of puppy is it?

7. stravieso

stravieso New Member

Well I just got Bella last night. She is also a Maltese and completely different from Piccolina. Piccolina was very quiet and calm. Would not cry for anything. Loved her cages and to sleep in her little bed.

Now Bella is the opposite. She likes to get into everything, she wants attention all the time and she will cry so much if she doesn't get it. They also look very different even though they are both Maltese. Bella seems stronger than Piccolina. I now know why Piccolina was so calm and always sleeping...she was incubating Parvo. I like Bella a lot but I miss my Piccolina so much that I feel a bit guilty about Bella.

I'm sure I just have to get used to Bella and develop a new relationship with her. She is presious! I will post picture as soon as I have them later on today. How can I post the pictures on this site?