1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

My Stolen Puppies update!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Well I got the phone call this morning the people that had my puppies have been taken in and they got my puppies back!! i just went down and picked them up and they are in horrible shape. Still in good spirits thankfully.
    After copule months of non stop searching, I finally got my babies home!!! Now i've got my furbabies and my human babies and all seems to be going well.

Loki and Cheech are currently at the vets office undergoing treatment for infections, being very underweight and multiple bite wounds and scars. Hopefully they can come home tomorow!

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and well wishes. I know it was a long shot getting them back, but I'm so glad I did!!!

2. luvmyangels

luvmyangels New Member

Thats the best news Ive heard all day! I am so glad these babies are on their way back to a safe, loving home.

3. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Great news Sam! I'm so happy you finally got them back, the wait must have been excruciating. Seems like it's just good news all around recently for you, new baby (Congrats by the way) and now your pups are safe and sound. At least now they're in the right hands and will be getting the care they need.

Was it the same guy that was snooping around your property a while back?

4. Samsintentions

Yeah i'm excited and relived. they are in pretty rough shape. Obviously been fighting and people admitted to taking them to the "docks" which is a known dog fighting area.
    Loki is the worse of the two. Photos dont show just how skinny they are. I dunno if its the flash that doesn't show the indentions but omg. you can see and feel every bone in her body. Theres so little fat on her skull that you can litterally see the skull formations and cavities. Her little eyes kinda bug out from the lack of it.

Vet checked them over real good and bathed them. They both had hookworms, tapes, whips and coccidia. Loki has an eye infection and her back leg is infected from multiple puncture wounds (dog bites). Cheech isn't as bad but covered in bites.

Vet shaved off all the areas that have wounds, they look like patch work quilts now. LOL They got wormed, vaccinated and put on fluids and anitibiotics. They just came home and i got them settled in a kennel together.

before i picked them up and took pics at animal control they had fed them a huge bowl of food and their tummies were swelled up big time. Apparently they got sick after scarfing it down at the vets.

Heres what they looked like when i picked them up. They are about 15-20lbs under what they should weigh right now.

Anyone thats ever had a mastiff or boerboel knows they should NEVER look like this at all...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

OMG look at them poor things..
    I hope the people get ones coming to them i personally would rip of there nuts or stick them in a kennel with one of the dogs see how he likes being bitten and tortured then starved..

Glad they back home where they belong and can be looked after again ..

Mike

6. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

OMG!!! Those poor babies!!! I am soo incredibly happy that you have them back and they are getting the care they need.... didn't a couple of them need meds originally? How horrible for those sweet babies having to go through what they were put through!! I hope that they recover fully mentally as well as physically from this ordeal.....
    I am soooooo very happy for you and for them that they are back in your loving hands and happy hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those people should be.......words cannot describe what I want done to them!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x

7. Samsintentions

They are doing much better. Gaining weight and more active every day! So far only bad habbits they seem to have picked up is Loki cowers around bigger dogs, (she used to be very dominant before); Cheech is very mouthy and barks at other dogs he doesn't know and Loki chews at the kennel bars.

heres a couple photos i snapped. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

i am so glad they were recovered. The poor things, what they have gone through is heartbreaking.
    This is a story for the news.....make people aware of the dangers out there

9. Sara

Sara New Member

Did your vet mention at all that their growth might be affected by that neglect when they were living with the !@#holes who stole them? I only wonder because I recently met a dog who was very starved as well as beaten etc... who was quite stunted. It was a wolf hybrid some 90% Canadian grey wolf but she only weighed 80lbs and at that she was a little on the pudgy side.

Your babies look like they'll recover wonderfully and I really hope you can get Loki out of her newly built shell. Sweet girl.

10. Samsintentions

I don't know if they'll be stunted, they've gotten taller, just very skinny. So hopefully they won't be stunted. I doubt Cheech will, Loki... eh... maybe but i sure hope not.

I've ot them on NuVet and puppy food and raw.
    They are gaining pretty quick. I'm just taking it slow with them. Loki needs muscle mass bad. She lost a whole lot of it. Cheech still had muscle tone to him, just no fat.

Oh get this.. the people that called me on them... (apparently were in on the whole thing according to the guy that had them..) and they left a voice mail on my phone wanting a reward for calling me. :shock:
    After finding out they were in on it and KNEW the day they were taken and were active in the treatment of the dogs... HA the only reward they're gonna get is my foot up their butts.